Time trialling - Hog Hill Tuesday 10s

phersey
phersey Posts: 30
edited May 2010 in Amateur race
If anyone is looking for a place to start time trialling or a tough mid week workout on London's best cycling facilty (my opinion) then they should give the Hog Hill 10's a try. For those who know the circuit, its 8 laps in a clockwise direction. They are promoted by Lea Valley Cycling Club and on every Tuesday night at 7pm, starting from tonight (11 May) and for the next 11 weeks. It's £7.50 per ride.

Comments

• gattocattivo
    gattocattivo Posts: 500
    Did this tonight. By the way, you also have to pay £5 to enter the series the first time you race.
  • Si C
    Si C Posts: 130
    £12.50 for a 10 mile TT.....geez.
  • leejdavies
    leejdavies Posts: 217
    I made it £12.

£7 / ride

£5 membership

either way an expensive TT but I enjoyed it. As much as you can enjoy punishing yourself for 10 miles :lol:

Great facility but advise getting there for 7. I arrived late and by the time I had signed in and had a drink I was up had a rolling start, totally unprepared, from the side. :oops:
    Up: Wilier Mortirolo
    Down: Orange Patriot
  • Bonno
    Bonno Posts: 69
    phersey wrote:
    If anyone is looking for a place to start time trialling or a tough mid week workout on London's best cycling facilty (my opinion) then they should give the Hog Hill 10's a try. For those who know the circuit, its 8 laps in a clockwise direction. They are promoted by Lea Valley Cycling Club and on every Tuesday night at 7pm, starting from tonight (11 May) and for the next 11 weeks. It's £7.50 per ride.

Phil, are the Eagle club evening TT's starting next week?
    Can non club members sign on ok? and where do you park? Cheers
  • phersey
    phersey Posts: 30
    Yes, the Eagle 10s start next tuesday at 8pm. First 3 start between Chigwell row and Lamborne end, next 5 are at Hobbs Cross and final 2 are back at Lamborne End.

Non-members are welcome but there is a limit on numbers to about 25 (daylight, risk assessment etc.) so may be wise to contact the club secretary through the website (Eaglerc.org).
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    phersey wrote:
    It's £7.50 per ride.

Seems steep. I paid £2.50 for my TT tonight - and it's only that much because I'm not a member of the club, AFAIK.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • gattocattivo
    gattocattivo Posts: 500
    It's not steep considering you have to pay to hire the circuit
  • love2ride
    love2ride Posts: 224
    It seems like a good price for closed roads, but much more than £1 for essentially the same thing.