Bury New Road, Manchester this morning

AndyRubio
AndyRubio Posts: 880
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
In case the cyclist that was close to being wiped out this morning by white van man on his mobile phone turning left into the cycle lane in Bury New Road…

…YG07 BBU

(http://www.manchesterwheelers.co.uk/For ... picID=1859)

Comments

• janm399
    janm399 Posts: 132
    Saw Viv's tweet; from what I read, it was a typical dangerous and ignorant driving from a WVM.

I hope nothing serious happened to the cyclist!
    Computer geek, Manchester Wheelers' member since 2006
  • El Diego
    El Diego Posts: 440
    That might have been me! A van had stopped in the road because of a car turning right, as I was passing on the inside he decided, without indicating, to mount the kerb and turn left just near the prison. I turned to see him giving me the v's in his wing mirror. The side of the van actually scraped along the side of my jacket.

I was on a black Ribble and dressed in a red jacket, sound like me?
  • bury new rd....is that the a56? the road from hell. i hate that bit of my commute.
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • El Diego
    El Diego Posts: 440
    bury new rd....is that the a56? the road from hell. i hate that bit of my commute.

That's the one.
  • could have been me. seems to happen every morning, kinda used to it now. i commute on a brompton folder.
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Don't know if you was you or not El Diego but I hope no injuries. It's pretty scummy down there, general rule of thumb is that people will turn left without indicating. At least there#d've been witnesses.