non-thumb shifters (not for the squeamish)

2»

Comments

• forgotrafe
    forgotrafe Posts: 637
    nicklouse wrote:
    one of real mans "topics"
    Explains why I didn't see it ;)
    nicklouse wrote:
    but back to yours
    Forget me, I'm feeling too humble now to even carry on this topic ;)

Am sure I'm going to be fine and most importantly in time to teach my ladies only MTB course at the start of July. And no, I don't need any assistants.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Overcoming difficulties of any sort deserves respect. Your situation might not be as bad as the one armed rider, but it's still very deserving of respect.
    I'm so glad you're healing though :D
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    forgotrafe wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    one of real mans "topics"
    Explains why I didn't see it ;)
    nicklouse wrote:
    but back to yours
    Forget me, I'm feeling too humble now to even carry on this topic ;)

Am sure I'm going to be fine and most importantly in time to teach my ladies only MTB course at the start of July. And no, I don't need any assistants.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Think i'm booked onto this one!!

Glad you're on the mend (but YUCK :shock: ) and will be disppointed if we don't get to see the scar in July :wink::lol::lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Hay, there is nothing wrong with grip shifter!
  • JustGoRide
    JustGoRide Posts: 37
    I think the idea of a thumb extension is a good one, especially if could build one into a glove?

Anyhoo, hope you are back on form soon!
  • adidas goalkeeper gloves used to have plastic inserts in the fingers when i used to play football to save getting your fingers bent back but it would still allow you to bend your fingers and make a fist, a bit of looking about on the internet might throw up a couple ideas into that although maybe a thimble in the thumb of a glove would give you the extra few mm's needed to shift gear as normal, saves making component changes if you can just adjust some gloves.

thats a sore one mate, glad its healing up for you, and its always good to see such positivity from something like this.
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!