Best Travelling Pump

nstevo
nstevo Posts: 42
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Can anyone recommend a bike mounted pump capable of inflating to somewhere close to 110 psi. Got stranded 6 miles from home today after a visit from the puncture fairy and my supposed good quality Blackburn pump dropped to bits. Am thinking about BikeHut Travelling Track Pump - does anyone have any experience or can any make a recommendations? I've got Presta valves.

Ta!!

Comments

• rubbercolin
    rubbercolin Posts: 67
    topeak road morph - you use it like a mini track pump

110 psi no problem - it has a gauge

cheers
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    topeak road morph - you use it like a mini track pump

110 psi no problem
    I've got the older version with no guage (and also a mini morph which you might want to consider if you wan't something to tuck into a jersey. Both are capable of getting to high pressures although the mini morph will take a little longer to get there.

These pumps are hard wearing. I've managed to break one mini-morph but that was after 8+ years of abuse.

Mike
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Another one for Topeak, except I'm gonna big up the Road Master Blaster (haven't used the Morph but it looks pretty neat). The Master Blaster is a great dependable pump though. I've had it for a couple of years, and it's a good feeling to know that, when I'm sitting by the side of the road in the pouring p1ss, 30 miles from home, fiddling about inside a tyre trying to find some piece of glass, the one thing I'm not gonna have trouble with is reinflating the tube.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Topeak Road Morph, just got one for a tour. It also comes with a nifty mount with large zip ties and secure velcro strap and is currently strapped under my frame nicely out of the way.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    I use a Truflo Evolution +, which I think is similar to those mentioned. Basically a mini track pump.
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    I've used a Pocket Rocket for years, cannot fault it.