Look, Look, Look!!!!

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,187
    Rolf, out of interest what gearing have you got on it? You said it might be tough in the Lakes but it looks like you've got a compact chainset there?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    very nice indeed

I just had work agree my second C2W bike, dont think they will mind im actually spending £400 on wheels pedals and shoes for current bike, and getting a single speed for winter :)

you think your bad with bottle cages, I need everything matching on mine and even tend to wear red tops purely cos they match my bike :roll:
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    Looks great (pardon the pun!) I've a 586 and love it to bits..covered in Dura Ace and K-Force finishing. Ride superb dont they?! Enjoy :-)
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    Attica wrote:
    Looks fantastic, very nice indeedy.

One question:-
    How did you manage to get that on the C2W scheme when the upper limit is only £1000?

If your company has a consumer credit licensey thingy there is no upper limit to the scheme, only what they themselves set. It's only a £1000 limit if your company doesn't have that license.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf, out of interest what gearing have you got on it? You said it might be tough in the Lakes but it looks like you've got a compact chainset there?

Gears are 50/34 with 11/25 cassette. Compact enough but I'm used to MTB and touring gears so I'm simply not quite sure what to expect with a higher geared but massively lighter bike.

Andy - that's whats great about the colour scheme of my bike; it works as well with a common or garden red, white and black Castelli type top as it does with my tribute to Gimonde pale blue Salvarani jersey.
    Also it isn't hard to get white and black bottles.

I did notice how well my Zip energy drink (pink) matches the Z Team pink of my mates 1990 Peugeot Triathlon. Anyone know of a source of white, grey or black energy drink that will match the Look? :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Droops
    Droops Posts: 204
    It would do my head in that it says "Look" all over it

This is VERY subtle branding by Look standards. I have a Black KG381 Team which has the word "LOOK" , in white letters,18 times on the frame and fork alone. Two more on the exotic Look seatpost and one each on the three Look carbon headset spacers.
    I make that 23 in total.
    To be fair, the 381 Team was a pro Tour bike in its day, so I guess it was a bit over-badged to cash in on TV and press shots.

My Look 481SL has a very modest 11 brand appearances.
    Plus two spacers.
    Oh, and two on the seatpost :oops:

Look are clearly very proud of the brand, and so they should be. They are extremely well designed and beautifully finished framesets with sublime ride characteristics.

Rolf, that's a very sweet ride you've built.
    ...a bit anonymous though :wink:
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    I've got a red KG241, mine is quite subtle though! It is probably 8 or 10 years old now (it has carbon tubes bonded into aluminum lugs, they don't make em like that anymore ;)), but it is beautifully built and rides superbly.
    <a>road</a>
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I've got a red KG241, mine is quite subtle though! It is probably 8 or 10 years old now (it has carbon tubes bonded into aluminum lugs, they don't make em like that anymore ;)), but it is beautifully built and rides superbly.

Yep, that is very nice indeed.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."