La Marmotte entry needed!

PhilA
PhilA Posts: 26
Afternoon all,

I have left my 2010 La Marmotte entry too late, it seems. All direct entries are sold out, and tour organisers like Cyclomundo.com, who sell entries to the event, are also sold out.

It's a long shot, but is there anyone on this forum who has an entry but won't be able to make it, and who would like to sell their entry on?

Thanks,

Phil

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    You can enter the day before in person if you're prepared to travel to Alpe d'Huez in hope rather than expectation.
  • PhilA
    PhilA Posts: 26
    Well, I am intending to be in the area of 10 days or so around the time, so I can always give the entry-on-the-day game a go.

However, I would prefer to enter in advance for certainty, so if anyone does have an entry that they would like to get rid of, give me a shout.

Thanks guys.

Phil
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    andyp wrote:
    You can enter the day before in person if you're prepared to travel to Alpe d'Huez in hope rather than expectation.
    This used to be the case before 2009 but since last year they have closed entry when they reached 7,000 riders. AFAIK this was a police requirement. I wouldn't hold out any expectation of an entry on the line.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    I think you can also sign up to the grand trophee series which includes all the events and gets you into the marmotte. Not sure if this has sold out yet though

There is also the Trophee de l'Oisans which uncludes the Marmotte
  • 1Rich8
    1Rich8 Posts: 1
    I know that for sportives in Australia, they roads aren't closed, as such there's nobody stopping you from just happening to ride along the same roads as the sportive route. Can you do this for La Marmotte? Or do the Gendarmes get snooty? I don't advocate using any of the amenities provided by the organiser if you did this, that would be a bit cheeky. But, if the roads are public (which they are), then surely you can just "go for a ride" on La Marmotte day, just by chance riding a VERY similar route to the sportive? Just a thought. That is, unless you desperately want the souvenir jersey/ water bottle.
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    The roads are open for the Marmotte, so you could do this, yes. The Etape has closed roads.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    I heard a rumour that they were doing rolling road closures for the Marmotte this year. Not confirmed, but that's what I was given to understand from one of the tour operators who do packages for the Marmotte.
  • mattybeck
    mattybeck Posts: 135
    Hi Phil,

The way it's looking now i'll be unlikely to use my place. I'll know by the end of next Sunday when i'll drop you a line.
    Would this suit?

Best

Matthew
  • kosta
    kosta Posts: 50
    If there are any other Marmotte entries avaliable , please , pm me .
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    I'd enter now for next year if you really want to do it.
    Just joining in seems bad form to me and I wouldn't condone it personally.
    Also I don't know about swapping entries. You're probably not insured since you haven't supplied a medical but all of this is up to you.
    Have a good ride BTW, if you do get in :)