New Outbreak of Menchov's Syndrome

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited May 2010 in Pro race
Netherlands, 9th May 2010:

A highly contagious and virile strain of Menchov's Syndrome has broken out amongst members of the Giro d'Italia professional road bike race. Symptoms include road rash, but can also result in sprains, dislocations and skeletal damage. Sufferers may appear to be dazed, disoriented and confused. Menchov's Syndrome is highly contagious and is best avoided by leaving a distance of at least 3 metres between cyclists. A public information film can be found here:

http://www.steephill.tv/players/youtube ... KuaY&w=560

Stay safe! :wink:
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    I also have a bad dose of this. Symptoms as you've mentioned plus a cracked clavicle and grumpy wife. Nasty bug.

Off to McDonalds to place my order later.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Bronzie wrote:
    I also have a bad dose of this. Symptoms as you've mentioned plus a cracked clavicle and grumpy wife. Nasty bug.

Off to McDonalds to place my order later.

Chapeau! :)
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Timoid. wrote:
    Chapeau! :)
    "That's not crashing..............it's falling with style!"
  • Bernardus
    Bernardus Posts: 136
    Is the Vande Velde-syndrome a separate syndrome? He crashes a lot too, but he manages to break a bone every time he hits the pavement.

A better name would probably be the Vande Velde-Traksel-syndrome.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Did anyone reach the finish line today without hitting the deck?[/i]
  • Bernardus
    Bernardus Posts: 136
    Tusher wrote:
    Did anyone reach the finish line today without hitting the deck?[/i]

You mean yesterday, right? Today most riders finished without crashing. Yesterday most of them did crash, but there are always a few with enough luck,experience and more luck that manage to stay upright.