Forest of Dean MBUK

CavemanDavvy
CavemanDavvy Posts: 121
edited May 2010 in Routes
the recent issue of mbuk, they went to the forest of dean, im looking to go there soon but im just wondering, what trail is the cross country trail they are riding. Are the xc trails way marked. Any help would be great.

Comments

• ObscuraSky
    ObscuraSky Posts: 65
    Hi Caveman,
    Which issue was it in?
  • whiter74
    whiter74 Posts: 69
    This months - June addition.

The Fodca trail is short only 3 miles. Everything else is about exploring, but there's plenty on offer, I love it.
  • CavemanDavvy
    CavemanDavvy Posts: 121
    it says on the website that the fodca trail is closed. is this true
  • whiter74
    Its been closed for some time because near the start there's some felling at present, however I see people still riding it on weekends & evenings.
  • CourtHMP
    CourtHMP Posts: 21
    There's some pretty solid downhill tracks near the FODCA trail too caveman
  • amt27
    amt27 Posts: 320
    FODCA was opened for a bit with a diversion just after the start,

went over there this afternoon and the felling has started again and a new closed sign at the start,

tried to ride it but several trees are lying on the climb after the first wide stone track crossing,

after the first mile it is fine,
  • ObscuraSky
    ObscuraSky Posts: 65
    edited May 2010
    what trail is the cross country trail they are riding

The article is based around Cannop Cycle Centre. The cross country trail they talk about is the FODCA trail (soon to be renamed the Freeminer Trail) but they also mention some of the downhills too (Endo, The OC, etc) Map; http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=101378758141447101792.000467dad0c4904e59621&ll=51.780692,-2.559471&spn=0.028409,0.054846&t=h&z=14
  • whiter74
    ObscuraSky

Excellent stuff mate, great for visitors and locals.

If you want expand to add ie. Dowies I have a video link if you want and some other local stuff
    let me know