B'twin Sport 3?

Matty.W
Matty.W Posts: 13
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Apologies if anybody has asked this question before, but does anyone have any experience or opinion on the B'twin Sport 3 from Decathlon?

On the face of it this bike looks a bargain for 600 sheets. Aluminium frame and Carbonforks/seat stays and Campagnolo Mirage groupset. The only thing is I cant seem to find any reviews of this bike at all. It also seems a little heavy for something with that amont of carbon at just over 21lbs.

It'll be my 1st geared road bike as I normally commute on a SS and i've had my budget slashed due to an impending house move.

I realise 'what bike' posts are all over the show, just cant seem to find anything re this bike.

p.s This is my 1st post, so big Hello to everyone particularly if u commute through Islington/Shoreditch?!?

Comments

• Onan
    Onan Posts: 321
    I saw someone riding past me on one the other day. It looked quite nice.

Sadly, this post will probably not be the least helpful response you get.
    Drink poison. Wrestle snakes.
  • lardboy
    lardboy Posts: 343
    I had a quick look at one in Surrey Quays a few weeks ago. It's not a full Mirage Groupset; the brakes and chainset are unbranded, so I think it's just shifters and front and rear mechs.

Good size options though, the small sizes are built around 650 wheels, as all small bikes should be.
    Bike/Train commuter: Brompton S2L - "Machete"
    12mile each way commuter: '11 Boardman CX with guards and rack
    For fun: '11 Wilier La Triestina
    SS: '07 Kona Smoke with yellow bits
  • Matty.W
    Matty.W Posts: 13
    Thanks for your replies.

Found a review of the 2 which basically said it was a great bike for the money, so i've reserved one and i'll pick it up next week.

Incidentally i got the last one with Mirage shifters as it seems they're all Xenon from now on. Mine has Mirage shifters, Mirage front and rear mechs, Truativ Elite chainset and b'twin's own branded brakes (which'll probably make way for mirage or veloce over time).

I'll let you know how I get on