Fluorescent tops & helmet camera

CLTatters
CLTatters Posts: 40
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
About to get a helmet camera (for mtb/ski/kayak - the "final straw" being nearly taken out road biking tho) and was pondering adding a fluorescent vest with a slogan - I'm not good with words but something on the lines of Warning: dangerous driving will be passed to police. THought I'd seen vests with something like that on but can't find them. The closest I can see is http://www.1lesscar.org.uk/gear.htm

Anyone know where to find them?

Thanks

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    If you go for a slogan on your back try and go for something non-aggressive if you can. 1LessCar is a good slogan that Specialized started printing on jerseys.

There are also Jerseys with "3 Feet please!" on the back, though I dont know where in the UK from. Most shops seem to be USA based that stock them. The CTC website did have alink on it recently (possibly search their forum) to a Brit 3feet2pass campaign

The 3 feet logos give positive instruction to those that probably didnt or dont understand and something they can google later if they need to.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    how about something like 'how's my riding? Phone 0800....'
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    how about something like 'how's my riding? Phone 0800....'

They wont phone around here, they just lean out the window and shout. :lol:
  • davidlove
    davidlove Posts: 8
    downfader wrote:
    If you go for a slogan on your back try and go for something non-aggressive if you can. 1LessCar is a good slogan that Specialized started printing on jerseys.

There are also Jerseys with "3 Feet please!" on the back, though I dont know where in the UK from. Most shops seem to be USA based that stock them. The CTC website did have alink on it recently (possibly search their forum) to a Brit 3feet2pass campaign

The 3 feet logos give positive instruction to those that probably didnt or dont understand and something they can google later if they need to.

Have a look here http://3feetplease.org.uk They have pink buttons and hi-viz vests for sale.
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    1 Note. don't advertise that you have a camera, as then you are braking laws as you need a record license and permission etc..
    Without a notice etc.. your just like a tourist
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    A camera won't protect you from bad drivers and sporting slogans like 'bad driving will be reported' can actually antagonise some people.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    get one with your FCN on it, so that we know where we stand as we go pass
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    In my un-scientific opinion I'd guess that using your back as a roadsign or for slogans will just tempt the a-holes to challenge you (unless it's the "canine fecal engineer shirt"). Best I've seen for getting drivers attention was an older woman who rides around in a powered wheelchair with a big sign on the back that says "Road Kill". Safe bet that any driver will be giving that woman plenty of room.
  • mapleflot
    mapleflot Posts: 81
    Any anecdotal evidence yet on the `I Pay Road Tax' jersey?
    My own feeling is that its six of one vs. 1/2 a dozen of the other re: anatagonizing some idiots vs. stymie-ing challenges from others.

As to `nobody looks at jerseys anyway'... I think that if you are stopped in front of people at junctions and (gasp) red lights they aren't going to avoid seeing whats written.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    "If you can read this, you're about to get D-locked"

OR

Tailgaters
    Will not
    Avoid a
    Thrashing

OR

Can
    U
    Not
    Tailgate
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    mapleflot wrote:
    Any anecdotal evidence yet on the `I Pay Road Tax' jersey?
    My own feeling is that its six of one vs. 1/2 a dozen of the other re: anatagonizing some idiots vs. stymie-ing challenges from others.

As to `nobody looks at jerseys anyway'... I think that if you are stopped in front of people at junctions and (gasp) red lights they aren't going to avoid seeing whats written.
    Having got the iPayRoadTax jersey, i can safely say over 200miles in london with it on, i've had 2 comments from cyclists and one from a passenger of a car. and thats without a backpack on.