Following on from first commute....

dubnut71
dubnut71 Posts: 123
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Ok so I am well and truly hooked, Specialized tricross sport procured for the work run and crank bros pedals along with specialized MTB shoes making the whole thing much easier!!!

I have also picked up a Dhaon Speed7 for "inter work" commuting, let me explain.....
I work at an office in Stanwell just on the perimeter of T4, lovely safe place to leave the bike etc. Now I have to go to all of the terminals 1-5 and also to an office over on the A4 called compass centre and I usually take the car. Main reason is that the bike parking arrangements are poor and even poorer when it comes to security. Also parking can cost me £20 and up by the time I have parked to go to 3 or 4 different meetings.

I took the car to work today and then wheeled out the folder for the run round to Compass centre and off I set! Just done it on map my ride and its a 9.6 mile round trip, thoroughly enjoyed it, folded the bike up and took it into my meeting where it got some envious glances! I have now left it at work and fully intend to do the same on the days when I take the tricross in, its a bit weird riding a folder but after 2 or 3 miles I totally forgot about it and just enjoyed the ride!

The guys in the office think I am mental though and gave me a lot of stick for riding a bike with tiny wheels! When I came back and they saw me folding up they said "what kind of bike is THAT!!!:"

I know its not a Brompton (I am a bit short of cash for one of them) and I am not exactly commuting around the square mile in London but it made me feel better, the way I see it thats one less needless car journey and it all contributes to my mileage total!!

Anyone else do a "mixed" commute or run a folder in this kinda way? makes my day a bit more :bike" and a bit less car so hopefully I am on the right track!!!!
Planet X Superlight with Fulcrum 3's
Merlin Malt 1
Specialied Langster Flat Bar Fixed/Fixed
Giant Seek 3 (full XT group)