Advice Please

Nlp1976
Nlp1976 Posts: 3
edited May 2010 in MTB general
I have found a bike leaned up against the building I work in, it has been there all day, no lock and in a very obvious position like it has been dumped. At the request of our security man I have brought the bike indoors.
Was just wondering what the best way to proceed is, should I report this to the police or is there a better way of re-uniting the owner with their bike ?
It is a Trek 7300fx and looks in pretty good condition.
any advice greatly appreciated

cheers

Neil

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I would report it to Plod.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    OHHHHH that's where I left it...
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    I would keep it ;)
  • Nlp1976
    Nlp1976 Posts: 3
    Not keeping it though I guess if nobody claims it I might need to find it a new home, got three bikes already which is more than enough for me..

Thanks for the advice, have reported it to the Police and given them the serial number and model, they said they might be able to send somebody out to collect it (but were not very specific) and have supplied me a reference number.

lets see what happens....
  • +paul
    +paul Posts: 60
    Been there! Someone dumped a bike in our street. Nothing fancy, but it was a usable bike. I reported it to the Police. They did nothing for a week, so I rang them back. They said I could have it! I gave it to the son of a friend, and kept a record of the conversation with the Police in case someone laid claim to it.