Anyone weighed their Stiffee?

mackie1
mackie1 Posts: 95
edited May 2010 in MTB general
Currently estimating how much my build will weigh. Using details from the web it looks to come in around the 26 - 26.5 lb mark. Does that sound about right? That's with Pro 2/XM719 wheels, Rev Race fork, SLX groupset and RF Evolve finishing kit.

Comments

• JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    stiffe's are quite heavy duty frames for a build with xc/trail components like xm's md rev's. if you haven't already got the frame i'd get something like a 456 carbon
  • mackie1
    I'm quite heavy duty ;)

I wanted a fancy frame that would last and can turn it's hand to many things. I think we're only talking about 1lb more than a normal ali XC frame about about the same as a typical steel one (it's lighter than a steel 456 although obviously much more expensive).

It's anodised purple too!
  • sascos
    sascos Posts: 100
    ...tried to weigh my stiffee the other morning on the bathroom scales...but got caught by the wife....
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    the carbon 456 however, is cheaper and almost 1kg lighter and i was saying it was heavy duty compared to the wheels/forks you have
  • mackie1
    Not keen on the carbon thing. it's not even that light. I'm sure it'll be great though.

The components strike the right balance for what I'll use it for. Something like a pike is a fair bit heavier and the wheels will be plenty sturdy I'm sure.
  • ScottAspect45
    ScottAspect45 Posts: 158
    I weighed mine (with a similar spec) with some cheap chinese digi scales and it came out at 29lbs, however I'm not sure of the accuracy of the scales so take it with a pinch of salt.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    OHHHHHH! The bike! was thinking of something else
  • mackie1
    I think the best thing about the frame is the name. Talking about my purple stiffee never fails to raise a snigger.