Suntour forks

Oxygen Thief
Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
edited May 2010 in MTB general
Out of the Suntour forks, which ones are the worst and which the best? I know apparently they're all not very good, just wondering where abouts the ones that came on my bike are on the list.

Mine are XCT V2

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Have a look on the Suntour website, are all listed with features.
  • Oxygen Thief
    Just had a gander, doesn't make much sense to me like. Not even got prices on tehre to gauge it that way. Lokos a shit site, proabbly just liek their forks :-)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    of cause they dont list prices.
    so what do you want to know about your fork? oh and a year helps.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Oxygen Thief
    No prices seems a bit strange.

'09, was just looking to see where abouts they are in the scale from best to worst out of the Suntour forks really. Just a rough idea like, as in the owrst ones or not too bad in comparison or the best (unlikely I know)

Cheers
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Suntour don't sell the forks to us - their importer does.

have a look at Greyville Enterprises for UK RRP.
  • Oxygen Thief
    Nice one, browsing there now! Cheers
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    When I first started getting into mountain biking I bought a set of XCR suntours for the GT I had at the time. First time out on the blue run at Llandegla they siezed solid half way down. They were quickly replaced with Toras!
  • Oxygen Thief
    I've heard them stories of the seizing thing, hope it don't happen to me, not just yet anyway. I've given mine a few days on the roads and easy stuff so hopefully they'll be worn in nicely for when I get on the trails.