what kit for 12hr race?

trail4ride
trail4ride Posts: 6
edited May 2010 in XC and Enduro
hi
can anyone help?have never raced before and my m8 has talked me into doing a 12 hour race in wiltshire starting at 6pm and finishing at 6am :shock:
the thing is we dont have a clue on what kit we should be taking.......can anyone help us??

thanks

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Why overnight?
  • trail4ride
    welll because its a night race,have you ever done one??
  • tubaonwheels
    tubaonwheels Posts: 448
    In that case you need a bike, helmet and lights.
  • TommyK
    TommyK Posts: 177
    Hi there guys,

It's called the set 2 rise and it's a FANTASTIC event with 80% rollercoaster singletrack over a 7-8 mile course. It's small ish (500 riders max) and in a beautiful place. It's run by SPAMbiking.co.uk and Chargebikes are on board too, either website has plenty of info & there's video footage on the charge site of last years event. You can contact the guys to find out if hire lights are available, last year they were. Charging facilities are available if you're in a team event and have time to charge them between laps.

You will need:-

A comfortable bike!
    Spares, brake pads, tubes, a tyre or too, some basic tools & pump.
    Plenty of food, although it will be available, energy drink/water probably enough for at least 1/2 litre per lap (last year the pro's did 17!)
    A tent/gazebo/car/van to crash out inbetween laps if you need to!
    Obviously a helmet, lights if you can't hire them.
    Bring spare clothing including warm fleece / coat (it gets pretty cold in the small hours around the ridge)
    Bring some money incase you really need to buy food ar spares etc.

I'm helping set up the course as a SPAM member so excuse the blatant plug!!!
    -Monkey-like creature, only with less digits!!-

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1835856/
  • trail4ride
    Thanks Tommy
    Thats exactly the info i was looking for,cant wait to get stuck in :D