Today my internal commute theme tune was...

jonny_trousers
jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Sun Arise by Rolf Harris, which neatly segued, and entirely subconsciously, into a symphonic version of Waltzing Matilda. Now excuse my net/text speak, but WTF!?!

What I mean by 'internal them tune' is the tune that goes round and around your head as you ride (or is that just me?). I have no idea when I last heard Sun Arise and I have absolutely no links to Australia - although I did have a rather nice Cab Sav...

I guess it just goes to show how meditative cycling can be. I used to practice Transcendental Meditation and you would get similar bollox rising up into your consciousness from God knows where. Anyway, looking forward to the return journey and seeing what the playout music might be - there was a movement from a Bach, unaccompanied cello suite earlier in the week.

Comments

• jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    A bit more elevated than me at the moment. A colleague "kindly" mentioned the titles of some rugby songs the other day, so...

Also whatever songs my kids are singing.
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    Blimey, one minute Rolf Harris, the next Bach cello suites. Nobody can accuse you of having narrow musical tastes!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Sun Arise by Rolf Harris, which neatly segued, and entirely subconsciously, into a symphonic version of Waltzing Matilda. Now excuse my net/text speak, but WTF!?!

What I mean by 'internal them tune' is the tune that goes round and around your head as you ride (or is that just me?). I have no idea when I last heard Sun Arise and I have absolutely no links to Australia - although I did have a rather nice Cab Sav...

I guess it just goes to show how meditative cycling can be. I used to practice Transcendental Meditation and you would get similar bollox rising up into your consciousness from God knows where. Anyway, looking forward to the return journey and seeing what the playout music might be - there was a movement from a Bach, unaccompanied cello suite earlier in the week.

Did you cycle past a Walkabout pub on your morning commute and not consciously realise it?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • jonny_trousers

Did you cycle past a Walkabout pub on your morning commute and not consciously realise it?

Not unless they have opened up a new one around the back of Brixton.
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    getting a song stuck in my head when cycling seriously gets on my wick

recently I've had Running Water (martin stephenson and the daintees), some sh1t Meatloaf song and last week a Foals tune. Can't seem to shift them once they start

going to see the slits on saturday, so cud have a gem in me heed on Sunday. Typical Girls
  • lardboy
    lardboy Posts: 343
    What I mean by 'internal them tune' is the tune that goes round and around your head as you ride (or is that just me?).

AKA "Ear-worm"
    Bike/Train commuter: Brompton S2L - "Machete"
    12mile each way commuter: '11 Boardman CX with guards and rack
    For fun: '11 Wilier La Triestina
    SS: '07 Kona Smoke with yellow bits
  • UndercoverElephant
    UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
    edited May 2010
    Sun Arise by Rolf Harris!

Rolf Harris: Inventor of Goth in 1962.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    This is why I have music in one ear, for my sanity! Something like Row row row your boat in your head for over an hour in the morning is torture!!
  • dexradio
    dexradio Posts: 54
    Ok everyone, on your commute home think "Nelly the Elephant".........

Dex.
  • ince
    ince Posts: 289
    Having small children at home, does not help. I have often rode to work with the theme to balamory or some other kids program, :(
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    This should help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPvRVK9YbZM

I'd like to point out that I've not actually watched this with the volume on.... so it could be anything, but then nothing could be worse that what it is meant to be
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    I keep having The Killers - All the things i've done in my head...
    Yeah, you know you got to help me out
    Yeah, oh don't you put me on the blackburner
    You know you got to help me out

So yeah, me legs are tired... if I'm behind you help me out and give me a tow :lol:
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Tonight mine was "Nothing Ever Happens" by Del Amitri (topical), "If..." by Divine comedy, and some mashed up mixture of a few Eels tracks.

In fine voice I was.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Mozart's Requiem of all things...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • jonny_trousers
    Mozart's Requiem of all things...

Nice! The Confutatis? (great mix of aggression and serenity - perfect for the commute) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2p0yNvY ... re=related

Then again, I don't suppose it bodes well having a mass for the dead spontaneously enter your head as you cycle among the traffic.

I had the end of the Battle Scene and the final 5 minutes of Strauss's Ein Heldenleben last journey.
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    I Wanna be your Dog - Iggy and the Stooges.

I missed out on seeing them live last week, but my friend who went gave me the downloaded recording of the gig.

Gutted I missed it.
  • Chewy Cheeks
    Chewy Cheeks Posts: 234
    Echo Beach by Martha and the Muffins - been going on a while not sure if I want to get rid of it really
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing