finny buzzing

Graydawg
Graydawg Posts: 673
edited May 2010 in MTB general
There's a funny buzzing coming from my bike. Think its coming from the rear end - but the strange thing is it happens when i'm not pedalling??

Any ideas?
It's been a while...

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Freewheel mechanism?

Process of elimination.
  • Graydawg
    damn that was fast!

Erm - checked the freewheel - it feels ok however i just recently replaced the cassette, chain etc..

Checked for cracks in the frame and all looks ok. So short of Freewheel, any other ideas? Or is it just suck it and see :P
    It's been a while...
  • rudedog
    rudedog Posts: 523
    maybe some part of your disc break rubbing on the rotor? I had this and it only seemed to happen when I was freewheeling at speed. It turned out to be the clip which holds the pads together lightly touching the rotor.
  • You haven't still got a reflector on the rear wheel have you? I left mine on and used to buzz like crazy at speed...
    Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...
  • Graydawg
    You haven't still got a reflector on the rear wheel have you? I left mine on and used to buzz like crazy at speed...

No reflector they got binned a long time ago :D

I'll have a check around to ensure everything is torqued up and check the brakes :)
    It's been a while...
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    Maybe something's touching your tire.
    Many happy trails!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    front mech cable excess poking out precariously close to the tyre tread?
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    check nothing on chainstay/seatstay/seattube is touching the tire, like a chainstay protector or front mech wire