Sportives / rides mid to late season

Guys,

Following a few major surgeries this year I have missed out on the Etape etc and not being terribly offay with events I wonder if anyone could point me in the direction of August / September Sportives (or in fact any sort of rides) that would potentially have places available. I am keen to ride, the more arduous the better as i intend to get a little charity collection going.

Many thanks!

Mannie

Comments

• thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    Bealach Mor in Sept.
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Ride 101 from Thame Oxon was amazing last year. Until it started chucking it down on the last 40 miles.... Bit of Chilterns, bit of Aylesbury Vale, some rough roads, some good roads, organisation was good. October time I think.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Here's one at the end of August.

http://www.srs-events.cc/event4/event-details.htm

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • friso
    friso Posts: 107
    Hi

Look no further than the excellent Autumn Epic in early October in central Wales

Fantastic scenery, very well run and extremley friendly competitors

You really do get a wide variety of rider and quite country roads

Just under a 100 miles with some challenges but doable by most expierienced riders

Can't recommend this enough

Hope to see you there
  • ToBi Tour
    ToBi Tour Posts: 8
    How about The Tour of Britain's official sportive events, The Prostate Cancer Charity Tour Rides?

You can ride the South West event from Minehead to Teignmouth on the 6th September, and the Stoke-on-Trent ToB route on the 26th September. Both are being held on the official routes of the 2010 Tour of Britain, so you can test yourself against professional standards at the same time.

Please do find out more at www.tourride.co.uk
    Come and join me and The Tour of Britain team at a Tour Ride this year!

www.tourride.co.uk
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Southern Sportive in October?
  • heystacky
    heystacky Posts: 30
    hi ratsbeyfus,that looks good,how tough would you rate it out of 10,only ever done tour of peak district 100 and wondering how this would be ,be grateful for advise.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    I did a 65 miler through SRS events last Sunday - it was horrible because it rained all day. I'm planning on doing the 95 miler in August - I can't really comment on how tough it is as I haven't done too many sportives, but I can say that the SRS sportives are well organised (usually) well attended and roll through beautiful countryside. Contact Rupert at SRS events for more info - he's a good guy.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • heystacky
    heystacky Posts: 30
    Thanks,i think i,ll go for it,anyone else done this route or similar. :D