Duncton Sunday Sportive, 9th May

Hi,

I've just been roped in to ride this with my uncle and a bunch of his mates as part of their training for Londres-Paris. Is anyone else taking part?

Also, is there anything in particular I should look out for: climbs, road conditions, weather etc. I would class myself as fit (university lightweight rower, and gradually more serious cyclist) so endurance should not be an issue, but I want to make sure that I make it round without coming a cropper!

Many thanks,
James

Comments

• PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    Bit late for advise, so I won't :lol:

I also rode that today, and just wanted to say how well signed it was.

I really enjoyed it, a good morning out.
  • FHKJ
    FHKJ Posts: 151
    Agreed, good ride, well sorted.
  • jamesfifield
    jamesfifield Posts: 147
    Agreed. It was a great introduction to sportives. Well-signed and the feed stations were great!
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Also agreed, a thoroughly enjoyable ride and the route was very well thought out. One criticism though was the amount of empty gel wrappers dropped on the road. I assume the gel came out of a pocket, if so, the wrapper should go back in the pocket, not on the bloody road!!
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    I was on that ride as well - nice day out, bit windy though .. I did not see any gel wrappers on the road, but I did pick up some litter that was in the car park field... Nice route - lovely views of the Downs and we went through some really quaint villages.. I thought some of the roads were very gravelly & flinty so I was pleased not to puncture.. All in all a nice event, not too hard etc... Think I will do their Reigate one in July...