Warning sticker on Suntour Sus saying no downhill?!

Oxygen Thief
Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
edited May 2010 in MTB beginners
What does this mean exactly? I saw a warning sticker thingy when I got my bike the other day. Do people listen to this warning or what? Does it still mean I can go XC and use trails etc?

Cheers

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yes, as XC and trails is not DH.
  • Oxygen Thief
    Haha, there'll be downhill bits though?!
  • Haha, there'll be downhill bits though?!

Well... "trails going downhill" and "downhill tracks" are completely different.
  • Oxygen Thief
    Cool, that's where I was confused, not that I though I couldn't ride downhill on these forks (as in down a gradient) just wasn't sure what DH actually was, whether it was different to DH on trails or whether it was actually it's own thing. Which it is! Happy days.

Cheers. You live you learn :)
  • jonbonjovial
    Search "Steve peat downhill" on youtube :wink:
  • Oxygen Thief
    Just watched one video, unreal like! Can safely say I won't be doing none of that. I was just thinking 'coz I went out last ngith and went down a few things taht were pretty bumpy and pretty steep bt was always on the ground, well apart from these two drops then it went up and down into another drop so was in air coming over the up and then landing on the second drop. Was jsut wondering if that kinda thing is ok. Not massive air like don't get me wrong.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Yep, should be fine, just don't go flying down 10 foot drops at 30mph :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Oxygen Thief
    No worries of that just yet.
  • Lawyers make them stick stuff like that on so you don't sue them when you break your neck.
  • Oxygen Thief
    Thought as much. It wouldn't have stopped me was just thinking because of a comment I saw elsewhere.
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    I usually get off and push when I'm going uphill... If I had to do that when going downhill I might as well start walking :wink:
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax