Merryfield crits tonight

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited May 2010 in Amateur race
Anyone else racing, if so whats the circuit like, lots of corners to sprint out of or is it more like castle coombe with no tight bends?

Oh and why did it decide to rain today of all days, lets hope it drys out by tonight!!!
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    Like Castle Coombe. Wide, virtually flat and usually windy. Good races - well run and popular events.

Good luck and enjoy!
  • As above, loads of tarmac, 1 or 2 barely noticable inclines and normally blowing a gale! Most of the circuit normally dris quite quickly but there are a fair few puddles left behind!

exercise.png
  • JesseD
    Ah well it'll be a bit of a laugh, i'll just sit in the wheels and avoid the wind until the sprint :wink: :roll:
  • JesseD
    Great laugh tonight, rounded off with being in the mix for the sprint finishing in 10 or 11th place, happy with that for my 2nd race in 20 years
  • JesseD
    official results put me in 10th. :D
  • rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    Congratulations JesseD! Will you do the next one in 2 weeks time?
  • JesseD
    rjsmith wrote:
    Congratulations JesseD! Will you do the next one in 2 weeks time?

Hell yeah, really enjoyed it, was amazed at how much my fitness had improved since Castle Coombe on Good Friday, I managed a couple of jumps off the front and felt good all the way round, just gotta get my sprint tactics and positioning sorted now.