CIB and other learned peeps advice on voting please?

2»

Comments

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    I got a letter from my local Lib Dem MP. Amongst the waffle hate and reveals that that the two other candidates don't live in Wimbledon, they live in Cardiff and Scotland respectively, she also stated that neither Labour or the Green Party can actually become the MP for the area, it's between Lib Dem and Conservative, how is this the case?

Lib Dems hate waffles?

They've lost my vote. I'm pro-waffles.
    Was this a pre- or post- breakfast comment?
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    MatHammond wrote:
    @ Greg66 - is the "Postman Pat" comment a snide dig at Alan Johnson's working class roots? Got to love you compassionate Tories...

No, it's a reference to the fact that he used to be a postman. I'm all for aspiration. But if Labour are going to harp on about Cameron being an Etonian, they can't complain much if someone makes reference to the Home Secretary's background.

Anyway, I doubt Labour really wants all posties and the like to be fantastically successful. Because then those people would start paying tax through the eyeballs, and promptly desert Labour. :P

As for one of his predecessors, the 6th form college economics teacher ... :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I must admit I thought the Mirror's front cover today was a bit pathetic...
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I got a letter from my local Lib Dem MP. Amongst the waffle hate and reveals that that the two other candidates don't live in Wimbledon, they live in Cardiff and Scotland respectively, she also stated that neither Labour or the Green Party can actually become the MP for the area, it's between Lib Dem and Conservative, how is this the case?

Lib Dems hate waffles?

+1 !!! I should have paid attention to their manifestos!

I have to admit that I have no idea on any of the parties' stance on waffles. It just hasn't received the sort of media coverage that other issues have seen.

What about muffins... and scones!! Surely none of the parties is against scones?

Cheers,
    W.

You'd hope not, but you just never know! Rats, I've cast my vote now and everything, I hope there's nothing about a ban of my pecan brownies in there.

What about buns, for god's sake, have you even considered that?!

:shock:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Lib Dems hate waffles?

Was this a pre- or post- breakfast comment?

Me too - I vote for waffles - especially with maple syrup
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    I'm thought The Sun had the bun situation thoroughly covered or not as the case may be...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    ...What about buns, for god's sake, have you even considered that?!

:shock: Gulp!

Maybe I should emigrate... Now!

...have they re-opened the airports, yet?

Cheers,
    W.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945

Cheers,
    W.
    Eurostar to Belgium. You'll be fine
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440

Cheers,
    W.

Only this morning I was following a young lady over Putney Bridge and I was considering the bun situation in great detail.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    JonGinge wrote:
    .....Eurostar to Belgium. You'll be fine

Mmm. Belgian waffles.
    Euro-waffle-loving is the way to go!

1.1221910680.my-belgian-waffle-with-belgian-chocolate.jpg
    Misguided Idealist
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I was more thinking safety in numbers:

croppedimage460460-belgian-bun.jpg
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    So, when does the Proportional Representation debate get under way and will whatever system that gets used be in place for the next general election?
    I hope so, it's been on of the things I've wanted to see for a while now.
    Next after that a written Constitution, if only to end the situation we have now where someone like Mandelson could be MP from the Lords, with only "tradition" stopping him. Hell, Cameron could conceivably lose his seat, be made a Peer and still made Prime Minister as far as I understand it. How do we seriously not have rules about how the country is to be run?

We'll leave the Republic until after Mrs. Windsor leaves, though she would make an ideal first President.
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    I Would love to see proportional representation implemented. Granted it has its flaws but its great to see a system where the vote represents the power parties get in government.

The biggest fear seems to be that you always get hung parliments. But look at germany, they do very well out of it and their system works!

Unfortunatly I think it is unlikly. This system suits the big two parties far too well.
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP