Gusev signs with Katusha

afx237vi
afx237vi Posts: 12,630
edited May 2010 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gusev-r ... th-katusha

Hey, remember him? Also remember when teams had their own internal anti-doping programmes and people thought that was a good thing?

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    groan
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I don't mind him coming back. It was never properly explained why he was sacked and he successfully sued Astana, so good luck to him.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    RichN95 wrote:
    I don't mind him coming back. It was never properly explained why he was sacked and he successfully sued Astana, so good luck to him.

Agreed. The whole episode was a bit fishy.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    With a question mark hanging over him, it's nice to see him pick out such a clean team.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Kléber wrote:
    With a question mark hanging over him, it's nice to see him pick out such a clean team.

True -- but the Hog really hates this guy, so you have to wish him well.
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041
    Bakunin wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

True -- but the Hog really hates this guy, so you have to wish him well.

I heard that they didn't get on. Makes me wonder why he brought him from Disco to Astana back in 2007. It was Bruyneel himself that had to cough up for the damages and not the team itself. Does make the incident sound a little more 'personal'.

I read an interview with Bazayev some time ago, he challenged Bruyneel about it, and then found himself banned (by JB) for 2 weeks for messing up his 'whereabouts'. I think that was the gist you can never tell with google translations. But the result was that Baza was then out of contention for a Tour spot himself.