Riding Buddy Wanted- Corby (Northants)

Hardrock_Northants
Hardrock_Northants Posts: 14
edited May 2010 in MTB rides
Just moved over to Corby, wondering if anybody in the local area knows of any trails and minds me tagging along?

Cheers.

Chris

Comments

• forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055
    Your best bet is Rutland Water :wink:
  • Troopy
    Troopy Posts: 202
    There's a lot of riding to be had north of Corby in the woodlands of Fine shades and Wakerley. A couple or so of us of usually meet up at Elton on a Sunday and ride locally and you're more than welcome to join us. There's also a group that ride out from Oundle (I think they meet by the memorial in the centre) on a Thursday night and Sunday morning, I don't know what time but think it's around 9-9.30 on a Sunday and would imagine around 6.00 on a Thursday. You've also got the numbplumz mountain bike club who used to ride out from Barton in Seagrave (meeting by the petrol station) on a Tuesday night.

Hope this helps

Chris
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • puddle-rider
    puddle-rider Posts: 295
    I agree with Troopy, Rutland Waters for families really, dont also forget Irchester Country Park near Wellingborough, there's some good stuff in there, further afield you have Woburn, Thetford and Sherwood of course.

How you doing Chris? not heard from you for a while.

Mike
  • Troopy
    Troopy Posts: 202
    Doing well thanks Mike, I didn't get much biking in last year or earlier this year but I'm starting to make up for that now. Trying to get out 3 times a week and have bought a weights bench to try and build the climing legs up a little. I'm off to Verbier for a week of guided riding and then Morzine for the following week in the summer so need to get fit for that.
    How's things with you?

Chris
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • puddle-rider
    puddle-rider Posts: 295
    Fine hear Chris, riding venues nothing as exotic as yours though!