Richmond Park Time Trials

bexslack
bexslack Posts: 81
edited July 2010 in Amateur race
Entries are now open for the first Richmond Park time trial to be held on Sunday 13th June.

No club affiliation is necessary - literally anyone over 12 years old can enter. All riders in this and the subsequent events (18th July and 8th August) will be entered in the prize draw to win one of two complete Scott TT bikes. There is no catch!!!!!!

As well as the usual TT prizes, there is a road bike category for both the lads and the ladies with GBP100 on offer to the winner.

Details and the entry form can be found on the CTT website:- http://www.cyclingtimetrials.co.uk/Link ... iJN58tE%3d

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Comments

• bexslack
    While the events last year sold out in record time, we still have places going for the first Richmond Park time trial on Sunday 13th June. Entries close a week tomorrow (30th June).

It's a fantastic venue - accessible, scenic and sporting and virtually car less. Plus the prizes are very generous by TT standards. What are you waiting for?! :lol:

PM me if you've got any questions!

R
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Awesome, think I'll have to enter the later one though! Be my first TT. When does entry open for July 18th?
  • bexslack
    Great iPete.

Richmond Park is the perfect place to cut your TTing teeth - no great trucks thundering up behind you so you can put your head down and just concentrate on going as quick as you can!

I look forward to getting your entry! Entries for the second event will open on the 6th June.

R
  • Naz
    Naz Posts: 353
    bexslack wrote:
    Great iPete.

Richmond Park is the perfect place to cut your TTing teeth - no great trucks thundering up behind you so you can put your head down and just concentrate on going as quick as you can!

Just watch out for the deer wandering across the road !
  • Woosha
    Woosha Posts: 150
    Does anyone know how to access the entry form for the TT on the July 18th around Richmond Park?

The CTT website is still showing the entry form too the 13 June TT.
  • bexslack
    Apologies for that but CTT have been a bit slow updating their website post the National 25 on Saturday..... The new entry form should be going up tomorrow.

In the meantime, if anyone would like a copy of the entry form for the next two events, please pm me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

R
  • Woosha
    Woosha Posts: 150
    Thanks to Bex Slack and London Dynamo for organising this event. Was a great event and really enjoyed.

Already looking forward to the next one.
  • bexslack
    Just a reminder that there are still plenty of places available for the events coming up on Sunday 18th July and Sunday 8th August in Richmond Park, South West London.

It's a great, scenic and safe 10.4 mile course and the prizes are generous by TT standards. Note that these TTs are pretty unique in terms of awarding prizes for generic road bikes - for the lads and the ladies. If you've never done a TT before, this is a fabulous place to come and cut your teeth.

Details and an entry form can be found here:- http://www.cyclingtimetrials.co.uk/Link ... BmQmZMU%3d

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

R
  • bexslack
    The next Richmond Park event is just over a week away and entries for that event on 18th July will be closing very soon. PM me if you'd like to grab a late slot!

The resurfacing work is complete so the course is riding really well.

There are 22 ladies entered so far, half on road bikes, half on TT bikes.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Hi Rebecca

Just a note to say thank you for this morning's event - it was the first TT I've ridden in and I thoroughly enjoyed it (although my calves are aching more than on a 100mile sportive for some reason!).

Really well organised - got my no within seconds of turning up for registration, had a little spin to try and get my legs in shape before starting and got sent off. Reached Roehampton Roundabout - "halfway" - in just under 14 minutes, which I was happy with as I was targetting 28 minutes odd and got back in 28min 45 which I was ok with - kind of met expectations rather than exceeding them. Was happy to have taken the two riders in front of me and not to have been overtaken myself.

As results were put on the board, was amazed to see some of the v quick times and reassured to see that my time was not terrible. A Chocolate goodness shakes at 7am was, well, interesting(!)

A real range of competitors from gents and ladies in full time trial gear with aero helmets and DI2 (I had an interesting nose of some bikes!) to a guy on a fixed (who was quick). I was on a standard road bike, forgot to take off my bottle and saddlebag (every microsecond counts), but did not feel out of place and was made welcome.

Really enjoyed myself and will be back to better my time (cross fingers) in August. Anyone thinking of doing a TT - this is excellent!

Thanks a lot

Mark
  • bexslack
    Thank you for your kind words Mark. We look forward to welcoming you back for the next event in three weeks' time.

If you'd like to relive the moment, check out these fantastic piccies:-
    http://www.pjwphotos.co.uk/WebSite/180710_1/index.html