Things to do in Pitlochry

toybhoy
toybhoy Posts: 112
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Does anyone have any recommendations about where to eat and more importantly, a good pub that stays open late on a saturday night in Pitlochry?

Thought I'd ask here as I imagine a number of you guys will have been up there for the Etape!

Cheers!

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    No idea, but still looking for somewhere to camp on the night before the Etape!! Might be roughing it somewhere close by.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    You're looking to stay up late drinking the night before? :shock:
    After, yes but surely not before.

PS:- Late up here for a pub on a Saturday night is past midnight. Clubs are open later and hotels are open to residents all night if you get a co-operative barman.

For food on the Saturday night you best be getting your reservation in soon. Places are filling up quick. I don't have any experience to recommend from.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I've eaten in a couple of good places there and one crap place. The restaurant near the river is good and there's another near the railway bridge. The place in the middle of the high street was rubbish though. Sorry I have no names but the advice about booking is spot-on - it gets busy with tourists all year round and finding places to eat can be tough.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH