Anyone ride the KERR in Huddersfield ???

daveaasmith
daveaasmith Posts: 223
edited July 2010 in Routes
Does anyone ride on the KERR (Kirklees Eastern Riding Route) which loops around Lepton in Huddersfield?

There's two loops, one between Lepton, Mirfield, Thornhill and Briestfield. The other is between Lepton, Kirkburton, Skelmanthorpe and Emley.

It's a signed route, put together by Kirklees Council. I occasionally, in fact very rarely come across other riders who are riding on some of the tracks, but have never bumped into anyone who knows they are actually on the KERR.

To be fair, I ride mostly in the evening so ain't sure how many ride it at a weekend - would be good to know anyone else who rides this route!

Dave.

Comments

• daveaasmith
    th_kerrnorth.jpg
    th_kerrsouth.jpg
  • ajmooseman
    ajmooseman Posts: 32
    thanks for that Dave

I'll check it out, based in New Mill, and done loads of riding around here, but never heard of the KERR
  • kelruso
    kelruso Posts: 42
    ajmooseman

not sure what standard of rider you are but if you are based in new mill and havent already done cut gate near langsett res you want to get over, its an awsome ride, its 10-15 minutes in the car from new mill.

we have some good rides over here in barnsley/silkstone/cawthorne area as well that you may want to give a go.

cheers
  • Speightk
    Speightk Posts: 6
    HI Dave;

I live in Ossett and I tender go out and head of around Flockton or Emily, using Bridal Ways and footpaths.

I would meet up and have a ride, my general route consist off:

Ossett – Four Lane ends – Thornhill – Middlestown - Netherton – Flockton – Grange woods.

Distance is not an issues, just like to get out and stretch my legs.
    Been out on my home for a few laps (well just the one 4hrs long) and keep gong round the area to do some X-country.

So if you want to go out some evening let me know, Going out to Lee quarry this Thursday depending on your level your welcome to come across.

Karl
  • daveaasmith
    Just about to drop down Mouse Hole Lane, in Mirfield.

End of May - a very sunny day :)

SP_A0374.jpg

Sorry folks for missing your posts above, will shout out if an opportunity for a planned ride comes along - tends to be a case of "ooh, got a couple of hours, jump on bike and I'm off" recently!

Dave.
  • dthom3
    dthom3 Posts: 33
    I've done the Kerr a number of times, its a cracking little route. I tend to only do the top loop.
  • jackricho
    jackricho Posts: 190
    Hi
    I was going to give Kerr (shepley/emliy) a go tomo morning. if i coming from new mill where is best to start?? I know ill get lost..
    Thanks

Jack