Solicitor Recommendation

mrc1
mrc1 Posts: 852
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
My girlfriend was hit by a car last week in London (horrible accident but she is luckily on the mend) and I wondered if anybody had any direct experience of good London PI solicitors that deal with cyclist claims? I have had a search on some other threads but am looking for recommendations from first hand experience if possible?

Cheers
http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    The Specter Partnership was who dealt with my claim 3 years ago. The solicitor who dealt with me specifically was Nick O'Neill
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    You may wish to contact BC or CTC (?) on her behalf, I think they'll provide legal cover retrospectively.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    As far as I'm aware, BC / CTC just pass your details to a solicitor who will enter into a no win no fee arrangement with you. So you are arguably as well off getting recommendations for a decent lawyer from here as from them. There are a few names that usually come up, but as I have no direct experience I'll leave it for others to make recommendations. Good luck.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Ahhh, well in that case ignore me! :D
  • bigmat
    I'm not saying they don't provide a handy service, just that they aren't "providing" a lawyer, in fact they probably get commission for passing on your details!
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    MatHammond wrote:
    As far as I'm aware, BC / CTC just pass your details to a solicitor who will enter into a no win no fee arrangement with you. So you are arguably as well off getting recommendations for a decent lawyer from here as from them. There are a few names that usually come up, but as I have no direct experience I'll leave it for others to make recommendations. Good luck.

In general, I think you are correct, but in my case the CTC are funding my claim against the MIB as I was hit by an unidentified driver in a hit and run. I don't understand all the details, but in these cases I don't think a legal firm can recover their costs, so for me the CTC are funding it.
  • bigmat
    I stand corrected then - well done the CTC. Hope it all gets sorted out for you.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Russell, Jones and Walker are dealing with my claim following my crash last Nov. It's a long winded affair but they've been very good so far. No decision on compensation yet though, got a med check on Harley Street on Monday next week.

BTW anyone got any advice re the med check? Should I arrive with crutches and limp through the door groaning to press my point?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Should have said. RJW are dealing with my case against the MIB as well. So far reasonably impressed, they certainly seem to understand cycling, and the issues that can affect a cycling related case.
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    I picked a local one from this site after my off: http://www.mass.org.uk/ - I'm going through Burroughs Day now in Bristol - no use to you but I feel comfortable that they're a local solicitor who have expertise in this, and not a big no-win-no-fee firm off the telly...
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif