Giant Warranty

anjs
anjs Posts: 486
edited May 2010 in MTB general
Does anyone know the warranty times for parts on Giant bikes? I brought a trance x just over 18 months ago and straight away swapped out the WTB laserdisc wheel set. I have just gone back to using them and they have done maybe 100 miles and now the spokes on the rear wheel keep coming loose. Is it likely Giant will cover these under warranty?

Comments

• stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    Very much doubt it, have you had it re-tensioned since you bought the bike?, eg. you had your bike for 18 months, how you going to prove they have only done 100 miles? shouldn't cost more than £10 for a re-tension/true.
  • anjs
    yep they have been re tuned. I guess the fact that they are spotless and still have the original tyres with no wear on them is a bit of a give away.
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    There's nothing to say you haven't put a new tyre on? Can't remember if Giant do a 1 or 2 year policy on non Giant parts, check your bike manual. In any case you have to take it back to the shop if its still within the warranty time period and they will possibly have to send it to Giant in Netherlands for inspection, so if they are your only current hoops then expect to hoopless for a few weeks.
  • anjs
    Thanks was not sure if its one or two years will check with the shop. I have some old pro 2 which i have been using instead hence the very low usage of the orignal wheels. I have only noticed the problem when I put the originals back on whilst servicing the Hopes.