BC License needed?

Chrissz
Chrissz Posts: 727
edited May 2010 in Amateur race
I'm looking to do a few races this year (already signed up with the LVRC) and have a quick question - if I join/enter SERRL events do I also need a full BC license/membership?

I'd like to do a few Cat 4 events just as tasters/test myself but I'm not too sure where to begin :)

Comments

• felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    SERRL are affiliated to British Cycling, so you will need a day licence at least, though if you intend to do more than a couple then a full licence is a better idea.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    If you get Silver Membership you can race without paying for a day license, but won't accumulate any points. You can race on Bronze, but need to pay for a day license.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    Cheers for the responses guys.

I think I'll take it one step at a time and enter/complete a couple of LVRC races before considering my next step :) Who knows - I may turn out to be completely cack at road racing!! :)
  • Joycie
    Joycie Posts: 127
    I was thinking about racing in an event and was told that, despite my silver BC "provisional" licence, I'd still have to get a BC day licence as the provisional wasn't enough to cover it.

I find the BC website really confusing on this front and wouldn't be surprised if it put people off who would otherwise race.

Anyone have any ideas what licence is required?
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    @ Joycie - It depends on the category of the race and what level of BC Membership you have.........."Day Licence" charges are as follows:

Bronze
    Silver/Gold----Non BC Members
    Regional A/B-£10.00
    £5.00
    £10.00
    Regional C+---£5.00
    Free
    £10.00
    Regional C
    £5.00
    Free
    £10.00
    Go Race
    Free
    Free
    £5.00

Most circuit races are C+ events so a day licence is FOC if you are a Silver or Gold member, but you aren't elegible for licence points on a day licence.