Massive PB!

bigmat
bigmat Posts: 5,134
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Combo of a (presumed) tailwind, good luck at the junctions and 3 pints of lager resulted in me knocking a good 2 minutes off my record commute time - 7 miles in 22:21. I really need to get to Richmond Park while my form is good, but busy with family stuff so will be middle of next week at the earliest.... :(

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,413
    And your absolutely sure it wasn't the lager making you filter a bit closer to the limit than usual? :wink:

Oh, and there was deffo a tailwind (or I was awesome too, which seems far less likely). Good speed all the same - just under 19mph avge.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Took me about an hour.

Nice tailwind, but there's only about 100 yards of that route (City-Balham) that's not being
    dug up. Got trapped near Clapham North for a good 10 mins.
    exercise.png
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,413
    TheStone wrote:
    Took me about an hour.

Nice tailwind, but there's only about 100 yards of that route (City-Balham) that's not being
    dug up. Got trapped near Clapham North for a good 10 mins.

You'll be wanting to stay north of the river until Chelsea Bridge, then swing down Queenstown Road, and pop out of Cedars Road, across the Common and down into Balham.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    s'ok if you're going the right way; last night the HEADwind knocked my fastest section down to 18 and that was hard going.

Whereas I normally breeze through that section in the high 20s (got 32 last week but that was wind assisted i think)
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    for a minute, when i saw the heading, i thought this a post having a dig at my weight.... :)
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Last night was good fun, trying to keep over 26mph on Embankment on the SS without bouncing out of the saddle was fun, I need a cadence sensor to work out what that works out as, as well as the 29 I was doing past Royal Hospital Gardens. No PB though, the crap traffic earlier on Embankment saw to that.

Fastest time this year this morning though, 2 minutes faster than my normal ride!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    I need a cadence sensor to work out what that works out as!

If you know how big your gear is you can work it out using a cadence calculator like this one:
    http://www.machars.net/bikecalc.htm

e.g. my fixie is 48x18 so when I'm at 29 mph my cadence would be 138rpm