pointless removal of post

hi, you removed my post because it had a photo from a website and not me, I don't have a digital camera so it is quite difficult for me to get my own photos, also the photo used was exactly what i am selling, no difference, 100% the same!
DMR Sidekick
BeOne Spirit 09
Diamondback Pacer 500
Identiti p45....frame
FCN - 7
Ride to Milan...DONE
Ride to Barcelona...ASAP

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Rules are rules.
  • thats the worst response ever, surely you go through the ads yourselves, you must be able to realise that, if the bike is exactly as new then there is no harm in having a picture of a new frame from a website!

its completely ridiculous, you're not robots automatically programmed to abide by the rules, use a bit of bloody discretion, its not like i put up a photo of the complete bike!
    DMR Sidekick
    BeOne Spirit 09
    Diamondback Pacer 500
    Identiti p45....frame
    FCN - 7
    Ride to Milan...DONE
    Ride to Barcelona...ASAP
  • whyamihere
    You might be lying about the condition, to put it bluntly. You might be lying about having it at all.

Even if you don't have a digital camera, I'm sure you know somebody with one, or at least a camera on their phone that they'd be willing to let you take a photo with.
  • granted i probably could find a camera if i asked around, tho surely there is some quality control in that if i was to mis-sell an item there could be some form of come-upance, like you could cancel my account or stop me from using your classifieds function.

i can see your point and i will wait till i have pics to re-list, its just frustrating when you are not actually trying to de-fraud someone.

regards, Nick
    DMR Sidekick
    BeOne Spirit 09
    Diamondback Pacer 500
    Identiti p45....frame
    FCN - 7
    Ride to Milan...DONE
    Ride to Barcelona...ASAP
  • whyamihere
    granted i probably could find a camera if i asked around, tho surely there is some quality control in that if i was to mis-sell an item there could be some form of come-upance, like you could cancel my account or stop me from using your classifieds function.
    Well, yes.

If you made a load of money by scamming people though, I doubt that having your account cancelled would be much of a deterrent.