Clubs near Petersfield

Can anyone recommend a beginner friendly cycling club near Petersfield in Hamshire. I can't drive to get to the rides but I cam get on the train easily.

At the moment rides around 30 miles at about 14-15 mph are good for me but I want to work up to distances over 50 miles through the summer.

Any ideas?
The bike's fine, it's the engine that needs an upgrade.

Comments

• El Fredster
    El Fredster Posts: 23
    Vernthemerciless,

I can't answer your question i'm afraid since i'm basically a beginner, but i wanted to say hello to a fellow Petersfieldian.

There's a sportive a week Sunday - little lumpy it's called, which starts from Haslemere. Perhaps there'll be clubs there that are based in Petersfield?

El Fredster
  • Cheers El Fredster I shall see if I can male an appearance, even if not to ride.

If you see what you think is a girl with a pony tail on a red and White Bianchi only to over take that rider and realise they have a beard, it's most probably me. Say hello.
  • bunker22
    bunker22 Posts: 10
    Have a look at:

http://www.vcgh.co.uk/

Based in Haslemere
  • Variado
    Variado Posts: 107
    There's a sportive a week Sunday - little lumpy it's called, which starts from Haslemere. Perhaps there'll be clubs there that are based in Petersfield?

Nice route, too - covers a number of my day-to-day climbs
  • moto-1
    moto-1 Posts: 81
    Can anyone recommend a beginner friendly cycling club near Petersfield in Hamshire. I can't drive to get to the rides but I cam get on the train easily.

At the moment rides around 30 miles at about 14-15 mph are good for me but I want to work up to distances over 50 miles through the summer.

Any ideas?

We've got 5 members in Petersfield and we have a weekly 2 hour ride on Saturdays ave 14-16mph. You'd be really welcome to come along and join in. Rides start in Cowplain and head out to Chichester / Petersfiled / Swanmore on alternate weeks. We normally have around 20-30 riders, everything is well structured and usually led by a BC coach (me)

We also have a Thursday Chaingang meeting in Rowlands Castle for those training for Road Races and Time Trials.

Check out http://www.i-team.cc/ride or give me a text on 07725 130660.

Regards

Guy
    Guy Watson
    _________
    ^^o¬-o-1
  • Guy, thanks for the offer. this weekend I'm going out with the guys from VCGD but I shall give you a shout about possibly joining you in a week or two.
  • El Fredster
    El Fredster Posts: 23
    Variado wrote:

Nice route, too - covers a number of my day-to-day climbs

any particularly tough ones to be aware of?

i'm doing the 'challenge' route, which is 65 miles if i remember correctly.