All Hail The Monkey

nonnac85
nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
edited May 2010 in Routes
Anyone else there when it hailed today? I was on the last descent of the Monkey and got blasted! Hailstones down the back of your neck - bad.

I really like the new loop - a good mix of ups and downs. Go if you like switchback climbs!
Just be careful on the FTD route after the campsite - I got stuck behind a family on touring bikes (panniers and all) who refused to move after for ages.

Other than that a cracking day out. And only £7 return train fare from Milton Keynes :-) :-)
My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time

Comments

• Almightydutch
    Almightydutch Posts: 264
    Yep we were there, you must have been up the top of the last descent at roughly the same time as us. What bike were you on?
    4 wheels bad
    2 wheels good
    1 wheel for fun
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    You were probably about 20 minutes ahead of us yesterday then. We should have a BR secret signal or something......
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    There was a suggestion some time ago that we should wear jerseys with our forum names on so that we could be identified :wink:
  • nonnac85
    My bike is a green Kona Caldera (ht). What bike do you have?
  • Almightydutch
    Pretty sure we saw you guys at the top of lower cliff descent. Although was knackered by then so wasnt the most sociable. If it wasnt you then there was defintely another Kona up there at same time as us.

There were 5 of us all together, I have a black Spesh FSR XC and went first followed by a White Trek Fuel Ex8, Red Giant, and two guys on HT's(cant think what they are)
    4 wheels bad
    2 wheels good
    1 wheel for fun
  • nonnac85
    I do remember a red giant. I saw a bronze/brown trek quite a bit as well. Did you catch up with the pannier brigade?
  • Thought this was a thread about me :(

Oh well :(
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I'm either on a blue/white Giant Anthem Advanced, pink On One 456 or a Yeti Arc. If you see me come say hi!
  • nonnac85
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Thought this was a thread about me :(

Oh well :(
    LOL Ben

Andy...I didnt see a pink 456 but I did see a highlighter orange coloured one. Dark tinted shades most definitely needed!!
  • Almightydutch
    Didnt catch up with the Pannier brigade no, but did see the bronze Trek and that Orange 456 a few times.
    We stopped at my van down the bottom when the 2nd lot of hail came before we progressed up Kitbag Hill.
    For once i wasnt taking loads of pics as i;m normally a right photo whore
    4 wheels bad
    2 wheels good
    1 wheel for fun
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Andy wrote:
    I'm either on a blue/white Giant Anthem Advanced, pink On One 456 or a Yeti Arc. If you see me come say hi!

Oddly enough, I saw a brand new looking pink 456 and thought "it's Andy". But then I realised that it had white forks on it, so it didn't look rubbish. So it can't have been you :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."