New bike team Radioshack is riding

relanium
relanium Posts: 487
edited May 2010 in Pro race
New paint job on the Team Radioshack madones.
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/story/unity

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    It all looks a bit HTC Columbia-esque to me.

Perhaps Trek are trying to jump on a bit of colour association and everytime the HTC lead out train fires off another winner (Greipel or Cav, let's have no favouritism here) people will look at the kit, think they are on Treks and run off and buy one.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    It's a new paintjob on a Madone yes but I'm none too sure it's a Team Radioshack bike. Seems very light on the Shack branding - what's the tye in with RS and the Unite thigy?

Asthetically it's nice, the logo is stark, but not all parts of the bike are executed well. If it is a team bike it'll be a visual train smash with the red and grey kit - yeuch.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Which bike do you think is sporting the best paint job in the pro peleton at the moment?

I remember a couple of years ago Trek did a nice TdF Madone which looked good in yellow (but I would say that)

I can also remember about 3 years ago getting the procycling TdF mag and they had a big splurge on team bikes. Lampre were riding drop dead gorgeous Wiliers. Just looking at them made me weep at their beauty.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Its all explained if you read the text.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Ah well that clears that up then.

All 8 of Lance's TDF team mates this summer will have 'I Ride For Lance Armstrong' on their bikes. Simple.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Off topic, I know, but would you recommend the Trek 1.2 Paul?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Which bike do you think is sporting the best paint job in the pro peloton at the moment?

I remember a couple of years ago Trek did a nice TdF Madone which looked good in yellow (but I would say that)

I can also remember about 3 years ago getting the procycling TdF mag and they had a big splurge on team bikes. Lampre were riding drop dead gorgeous Wiliers. Just looking at them made me weep at their beauty.

As for the best paint jobs, I like both of the Pinarellos (Sky and CdE). I used to like Cervelo, but they've seemed a bit bland for a couple of years. Scott I quite like too. I haven't really seen the standard Wiliers, but Cunego's personal one has to be the worst in the peloton, surely?

Oh, Radioshack's. I'm not sure. The clenched fist thing makes me think, for some reason, of totalitarianist rulers. So, probably perfect for Armstrong then.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    Ah well that clears that up then.

All 8 of Lance's TDF team mates this summer will have 'I Ride For Lance Armstrong' on their bikes. Simple.

he kinda employs them though
  • eskimo Joe
    eskimo Joe Posts: 764
    Maybe he doesnt want a repeat of last year .
    Suburban studs yodel better than anyone else
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    I quite like the merckx bikes that quickstep are riding this year. They look great and anything with Wilier on the side is always sexy.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    Tusher wrote:
    Off topic, I know, but would you recommend the Trek 1.2 Paul?

Yes, absolutely!! I've had one for just over a year and ride it everywhere. Would change the factory tyres to puncture resistant ones, and found that the brake blocks installed don't last long - but apart from that it's a great bike :)

It seems like a good bike to upgrade. When I've take the wheels off, the frame feels pretty light- so upgrading the parts could be a good idea if you're into that. And once you know a little bit about bike maintenance (youtube has been a massive help there) you can iron out all its little niggles and it runs amazingly. Seems a better option than spending a couple of hundred pounds more on a more expensive bike when you can tweak things yourself and get the same performance!

I'm consistently upgrading a lot of the parts on mine and it keeps getting faster and handling better. So far I've changed the front wheel, the stem and saddle for lighter parts - looking to get upgrades to carbon on the seatpost and bars soon too. When I have the money, I'm going to get new brakes and maybe change the crankset.

One thing I'd do is lose the white bar tape. It gets manky, and my blue one looks swell with nice black tape to contrast the white saddle