Tube: Schwalbe RR light SV20
Tire: Schwalbe Ultremo R Kevlar 23x622

Accessories: Cateye V2C Computer

Weight: 7.20kg

Comments

• Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I like that a lot. Very nice.

Are they standard Schwalbe Ultremo Rs in red or might they be specific to your Cube?
  • SLN57
    SLN57 Posts: 69
    Thank you.

I don't know, they have the Cube logo on them so they may be Cube specific.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What's with the unfinished bar tape?
  • SLN57
    I have no idea, I'm thinking of changing it as it looks a bit weird.
  • Anonymous
    Almost bought one of these myself! looks grand! how does she ride?
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    the red tyres are bitchin with the black frame.
  • SLN57
    I think it's great, it accelerates instantly, handles sharply and is very comfortable and at the same time is exciting to ride.

I did 45 miles on it on Monday (my first outing on it) and had no problems at all. I am 44 years old and paying the price of racing motocross in my youth, so I'm no stranger to aches and pains after a long ride.

I'm well pleased.
  • SLN57
    Thanks rake

I usually go for the stealth look but I think Cube have coordinated the colours well.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    you wont think descending a hill at 50mph is fast then. :wink:
  • SLN57
    Nowadays I'm lucky to get over 30. :cry:
  • ASHLEYF
    ASHLEYF Posts: 73
    hello mate, i am interested in getting a cube litening. How did you find the sizing. I normally ride a 56cm trek madone or specialized tarmac, but found the 56cm cube way too small. It seems the tube lenghs for a cube 56 are the same as trek 45cm how did you find them?
  • SLN57
    Hi Ashley

I bought a size 56 frame and I am 5'11" tall. I have just used the 109% method to set up the seat height and I have about half an inch before the seat post is at its maximum. I measured my inside leg, using a book (Bike Radar tip), at 86cms.

It maybe that the cube comes up a little small but then I prefer a bike to be smaller rather than larger.

If you want the overall measurement of the seat post let me know.
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    If I was to buy another bike now, I would make it a Red/Black one much like yours, I feel its the most striking and catching colour scheme doing the rounds at the moment.

Finishing kit looks good also, never see nthe ars before and loving the sweep back on them!!

Really nice bike, I have looked at it for the past few days on the trot :oops:
  • SLN57
    Thanks Squillinosset

I keep looking at it as well. Unfortunately my wife won't allow me to keep it in our bedroom she thinks that's weird and nerdy.

Women, they just don't understand.
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    I am in the same camp, im currently working on Mrs Squill letting me keep my better bike in one of our spare rooms...its not working...something about oil and new carpets...who knows..
  • I keep my bike in the bedroom. I look at it all the time.

can you be in love with a bike? :oops:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • SLN57
    I think so....

Bikes never get headaches and refuse you a ride, don't constantly demand you do the decorating and look hot at any time of day. However, they do expect lavish gifts of shiny things and carbon.
  • Anonymous
    Is it wrong that when i re-decorated my room recently it was in the colours of my madone! hmmmm

And the Madone is hanging on the wall! mine is Blue/silver... i think if it was the colour of the cube lighting above my room would resemble some kind of xxx rated exstablishment :P... red/black lol
  • I think I have just fallen in love. You've got one seriously sexy bike there. Do you know if it's possible to buy the frame seperately?
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Nice bike mate...I have the Agree GTC SL which is the model below yours and I love it. Good choice! 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • SLN57
    stevec1906

I've no idea if you can buy the frame on it's own but if you call Alex at UK Cycles in Chelmsford (01245 264477) he will be able to help you.

leeroy72

Thanks. I agree they are very good bikes, mine is a joy to ride. It's just a shame you don't see the pro's riding them it would raise Cube's profile and credibility no end.
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    It certainly would raise the Cube profile...I reckon its just a matter of time though as they are fairly new to the road bike scene...
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • SLN57
    Cleaned polished and lubed ready for its winter hibernation.

a1.jpg
    P1010784.jpg
    a2.jpg
    a5.jpg
    a3.jpg

Some upgrades/additions: Speedplay pedals, Selle Italia saddle and various bright red KCNC bits and pieces.

Presently building my winter bike which should be ready in a few weeks so until then my mountain bike will get a good thrashing.