Garmin Cadence Sensor

gb155
gb155 Posts: 2,048
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
I have killed 2 of these in 2 months of nothing but road riding, granted some of it has been in the rain but is it just me that kills them or is there a fault with how they are made ?
On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
Now the hard work starts.

Comments

• mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    mine going strong after 2 years and almost permanently caked in mud/horse crap.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Yup - must be just you - 1000 miles of highland riding and still all good. How do you know you've killed them?
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • dexradio
    dexradio Posts: 54
    I've got 3 cadence Sensors on 3 bikes and they've been faultless over the last couple of years, all weathers. No problems here.

Dex.
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    never had a problem with mine either, must be you :D
  • jimmcdonnell
    jimmcdonnell Posts: 328
    No problems with my 2 either, but when I was researching them pre-purchase I found a lot of info online from folk whose sensors had died, usually blamed on moisture inside the case. There's at least 1 very detailed and difficult 'how to properly waterproof your cadence sensor' article online.

Give the positive response here though, maybe it depends on the batch your sensor came from? Hard to know. Assuming it's properly dead, get a replacement and assume you were just unlucky...
    Litespeed Tuscany, Hope/Open Pro, Ultegra, pulling an Extrawheel trailer, often as not.

FCR 4 (I think?)
    Twitter: @jimjmcdonnell
  • jthef
    jthef Posts: 226
    Got mine 17 months ago and 1st failed within 1 month (unit and sensor, bought from wiggle so sent whole lot back), the replacement has so far lasted abot 4500 miles in all but the ice and snow of this winter.

Is it the unit failing to comunicate and the sensors are ok?