Yemble
Yemble Posts: 28
edited May 2010 in Road stolen
Hey all.

I've just set up a new website to gather photos and details of stolen bikes:

URL: missingbikes.com

The idea is get the photos more exposure. We cyclists tend to have an eye for nice or unusual bikes, so I wanted a stream of photos to keep in mind. It's better than a stream of text.

Upload some photos + description of your stolen bike along with contact details
  • The photo goes into the gallery on the front page, linked to the details..
  • It also goes into the RSS feed for subscribers and into the latest-bike embed on other websites
  • You get a permanent URL to the bike profile page with photos and info to post elsewhere (eg here - bbcode provided)
  • Subscribe to the RSS feed to get photo and link for new bikes as they're listed. Put it on your igoogle, reader, iphone etc.
There's no admin oversight or mod approval required, you can post right away. That should keep things ticking over so the site doesn't fail if the admin tires of it as has happened with other efforts in this area.

It's a bit bare at the moment - the first listing is my own bike that was stolen a few weeks ago - but that's the way with new sites. If you could take a few mins to list your stolen gear to get things started that'd be great. What have you got to lose?

Any questions or problems flick me a pm or email. Cheers

Zach.

PS: By all means post this elsewhere - the more people who see it and participate the better.

(Note: I cleared this with mod whyamihere before posting. Posted to both stolen bikes forums.)

Comments

• Birdcp
    Birdcp Posts: 28
    Great idea mate, excellent. My GL just had her Dahon nicked over the weekend from a locked garage, so I was really happy to find this. Thanks again..

Vox