Cateye strada wireless battery question

andy83
andy83 Posts: 1,558
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Just wondered if anyone has an idea of how long the batterys last in these.

Basically doing a ride for charity but its over the year and 6000 miles so my speedo is my proof, just have a feeling it will die soon.

Have currently done around 4000 in total with it

Thanks

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,651
    Expect the battery will last ok. I'm not suggesting you cheat, heaven forbid but i think you can manually enter the trip/total distance again should your batterys fail.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    seanoconn wrote:
    Expect the battery will last ok. I'm not suggesting you cheat, heaven forbid but i think you can manually enter the trip/total distance again should your batterys fail.

Yes you can re-set the ODO. I've actually done 99,999 miles so far this year. My odometer says so.
  • andrewc3142
    andrewc3142 Posts: 906
    About 2 years in my experience.

If it's your proof of having done the ride a couple of quid for a new battery doesn't seem so much.
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    It was the battery in my sensor that went first. Spent bloody ages tinkering the placement of the magnet, wiping the sensor, trying it the other way round etc. before thinking of trying it!
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • andy83
    Thanks for the replies

Ah that is my worry, so I dont mind changing the battery, anyone any idea how to change the odo should it go when I change the battery. I would never cheat, put pictures on my blog weekly of speedo :)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,651
    Think the section you need is at the end of the page.

http://www.cateye.com/sites/cateye/uplo ... G%2Bv3.pdf
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    andy83 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies
    Ah that is my worry, so I dont mind changing the battery, anyone any idea how to change the odo should it go when I change the battery. I would never cheat, put pictures on my blog weekly of speedo :)

Just use the link that seanoconn has kindly provided. Just remember to check your mileage before taking out the old battery.
  • andy83
    Thanks a lot, found it now

Feel a lot happier now, will go out and get a new battery now, will be great to see the 6000 on my speedo, although I do want 10000 by the end of the year though