My kids are telling me to turn the bass down

bikey2009
bikey2009 Posts: 121
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
My daughter, who I've been on her back about completing her coursework which should have been done in Jan :x has just had a go at me about the bass level of the music I'm listening to 8)

The remix with Eddy Temple Morris on XFM deserves the best bass you can listen to.

Bloody kids :roll:

Comments

• jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    While I will not argue with you that ETM's XFM show is pure quality, excessive bass is the work of the devil. Sure, if you are getting the full effect of it within the context of the music then that is just fine, but if you are only hearing the percussive, Chinese-water-torture thump, thump, thump of 136 beats per minute then it is nothing short of a f*ckin' nightmare.

I suggest, Sir, that you listen to - and feel very proud of - the intelligence of your daughter.
  • bikey2009
    I suggest, Sir, that you listen to - and feel very proud of - the intelligence of your daughter.

Indeed, but isn't it the perogotive of the parent to moan the furk about their kids :) especially when I'm mirrorowing their own behaviour :twisted:
  • bikey2009
    While I will not argue with you that ETM's XFM show is pure quality, excessive bass is the work of the devil. Sure, if you are getting the full effect of it within the context of the music then that is just fine, but if you are only hearing the percussive, Chinese-water-torture thump, thump, thump of 136 beats per minute then it is nothing short of a f*ckin' nightmare.

Dub Step not good then eh :( but sometimes it's heartmoving :P
  • bikey2009
    But you are quite right, I would not like to be a neighbour of a habitual night time dub step fan :cry:
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    bikey2009 wrote:
    But you are quite right, I would not like to be a neighbour of a habitual night time dub step fan :cry:

Been there and have visualised many times over the resolution only a Magnum .44 could bring to the table. Do you feel lucky?
  • zrazzle
    zrazzle Posts: 79
    All about the sub. Crank it up more.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    zrazzle wrote:
    All about the sub. Crank it up more.

Amen to that, after a re-arrangement of our living room my Mrs BJUK, and after my initial qualms, a small Ikea Billy bookcase has now been removed from atop my Paradigm PS1000 sub due to the horrid vibrations you get whenever the bass kicks in :evil:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5