OT-ish: Cheapo repeating countdown sports watch/stopwatch

sarajoy
sarajoy Posts: 1,675
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
I've looked over countless web pages but they seem useless at listing specifications properly.

I'm only just taking up running, and would like something that - if I can't get multiple programmable intervals - will just beep once a minute, or once every 30 secs, so I can easily time my walk/run intervals (just a beginner, see).

Constantly flicking up my wristwatch is getting tedious and annoying and rather puts me off my stride!

There's something called a Gymboss interval timer which does exactly what I want for about £15, but if I can get cheaper and more wearable (like a watch), that'd be ace.

Lots of cheap watches list 'countdown timer' but crucially I need it to repeat instead of just stop.

Any ideas?
4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif

Comments

• Cychologist
    Cychologist Posts: 39
    I did the same search a few weeks ago. ended up buying GB. I like it a lot.
    Reykjavikian commuter with his knees in a bunch

Scott Speedster S30 FCN 5 / Jamis Durango SX FCN 11
  • Sailorchick
    Sailorchick Posts: 202
    I have a cheap casio watch that I got from Argos for about £18 quid which has a countdown feature. You can programme it for anytime and it beeps every minute, then in the last minute every 10sec, and last 10 secs it beeps lots!

I bought it for sailing as I need it for the starts but sounds like any watch with a countdown feature like this may well do the job for you.
  • sarajoy
    Thanks sailorchick :D

It does sound like the Gymboss is winning though, as it allows me to set two distinct intervals (say 1min and 3min) and then repeat them ad infinitum 1min 3min 1min 3min etc etc... Which is what I want really.

I've found a lot of watches which say 'countdown' but often I have no way of telling whether they are repeating or not (it seems many will only count down, then start a count-up lap-time style counter)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Yay, another runner!!!

I've got a marathon you could do later this year.................... :twisted: :lol:
  • sarajoy
    Buggroff, I'm barely making half an hour with 1min run, 1min walk at the moment!