One for Park Tool PCS-9 Workstand users

melliff
melliff Posts: 63
edited April 2010 in Workshop
I am the proud owner of a new Park Tool PCS-9 workstand. I have just assembled it and I have two queries which the very brief instructions that came with it do not seem to answer.

(1) The bolts that attach the legs to the uptube should be loose to allow the legs to swing down for storage - right?

(2) The jaws move through 360 degrees, but can only be set in one of 4 positions - right? This mechanism doesn't seem particulary well designed as, to move to a new angle, I have to uncrew the clamp handle so far out that the washer between it and the horizontal tube falls off each time. Or have I assembled it incorrectly or doing it wrong?

Martin.
Martin

Comments

• sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    The jaws move through 360 degrees, but can only be set in one of 4 positions - right? This mechanism doesn't seem particulary well designed as, to move to a new angle, I have to uncrew the clamp handle so far out that the washer between it and the horizontal tube falls off each time. Or have I assembled it incorrectly or doing it wrong?

The jaws can be set in any position you like rotationally speaking-they swivel on some balljoint affair if i remember (without checking mine in the garage)

This joint is just a bit 'sticky'. If the jaws are horizontal and you want to swivel them,just put your bike in the jaws then push down or up on the handlebars-it will then swivel a lot more easily-you only have to release the clamp handle a little for this.