looking for riders for midweek training on surrey hills

hippy69
hippy69 Posts: 15
b]i]Anyone interested[/i[/b or available to join me on rides round some of the surrey hills during the day on weekdays. I work shifts and getting rides with my usual weekend group proving difficult (family pressures!!!). Been riding a year and would really benefit from riding with others for company and experience, looking to ride 70KM+

Comments

• clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Which part of the Surrey Hills and what sort of pace?
  • hippy69
    looking at box hill over to guilford/ shere area, including hills like crocknorth, white down, ranmore common. Just getting to know the area really myself.

Pace wise looking at average of 25-30 kph on the flats, how's that sound?
  • clanton
    Pm sent.
  • MattM78
    MattM78 Posts: 3
    Are you guys still going out in the week? I'm looking for something like this myself...
  • hippy69
    not meet up as yet but still hitting the hills during the week when i can. not same days every week, but able to sort dates out in advance
  • clanton
    I am going out this Friday for a hill training session. Starting in Dorking via Coldharbour, Tanhurst, Whitedown then a longish flat section to Reigate on A25 for recovery and then repeat the hills. Est dist 85-90k from starting point on Dorking (not sure exactly as I usually measure form home). Could meet at Head for the Hills at 9h30 or so?
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    @hippy I too have a wish to climb the hills more frequently and would appreciate the stimulus/challenge of another rider. We could met at one of the Cobham cafes and go on from there. I suggest you post a few dates having regard to weather of course - I have limited and not very good experience of hilly lanes in rain.
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • hippy69
    not about this weekend, will check out my off duty pattern and post some dates