A Smoking "Ban" too Far?

2»

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Go you!

Look.... all sorts of good things have started happening to you already...

http://smokefree.nhs.uk/quit-tools/timeline/
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Go you!

Look.... all sorts of good things have started happening to you already...

http://smokefree.nhs.uk/quit-tools/timeline/

Thank you!¬

in fairness, i had only started again for about 6 months after stopping for 6 months last year.....it has been really easy this time round.........

but it is incredible how quickly things start to change!

actualoly just checked the list again....

after 10 years, even if the price of cigarettes didn't increase in that time...the average smoker would have spent £15000 :shock:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    cee wrote:
    . I would like to be able to choose to sit in a pub with smoking friends.
    :

Well you can't and never again will be able to.

Employees have a legal right to work in a safe environment, free of toxic fumes and chemicals and employers have a legal duty to make sure they comply with the law.

It's also the case that employees cannot 'choose' to work in a workplace that is dangerous and damages their health.

Having said that, this government (all governments) will quite willingly damage the public's health in (what they term) the name of economic prosperity.

They continue to build and expand the motorways and road infrastructure (also the airports) polluting and destroying the environment to the detriment of us all.

If cigarettes were a valued part of their 'economics' then I'm sure they would find a way to ignore all the medical evidence.
    Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    with a 20 metre ban does that mean that motorists driving past the sign have to extinguish their fag for a 20 metres radius or can they get away with just leaving it smouldering in their ashtray.

like the idea of 3 people limit but what if there was a privately owned coach going past on its way to the international smokers symposium and all 70 people on the bus was being given a free lift by the chain smoking owner Smokey McFagdimp, not acting in a business capacity, all puffing away to their hearts content.

what if a plane got into difficulties and the pilot bailed out, seriously injured and realising he wasn't going to make it decided on one last cheroot before meeting with his maker, would he have to extinguish his light 6 and a bit storeys up?

I do think this company has not thought this through and should be placing their signage in more appropriate places to catch all possible violators, banners across the road at 20 meter radius point instructing people to extinguish cigarettes here.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    with a 20 metre ban does that mean that motorists driving past the sign have to extinguish their fag for a 20 metres radius or can they get away with just leaving it smouldering in their ashtray.

like the idea of 3 people limit but what if there was a privately owned coach going past on its way to the international smokers symposium and all 70 people on the bus was being given a free lift by the chain smoking owner Smokey McFagdimp, not acting in a business capacity, all puffing away to their hearts content.

what if a plane got into difficulties and the pilot bailed out, seriously injured and realising he wasn't going to make it decided on one last cheroot before meeting with his maker, would he have to extinguish his light 6 and a bit storeys up?

I do think this company has not thought this through and should be placing their signage in more appropriate places to catch all possible violators, banners across the road at 20 meter radius point instructing people to extinguish cigarettes here.

Some people really don't have any grip on reality, and a post such as this really goes to show how small minded they can be.

It's obvious you stupid boy. They all take a drag as they enter the 20m exclusion zone and breath out again when they leave. :roll:

You just don't think things through do you?

:P
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172

Worse yet, what if he were to crash and explode in a raging fireball. He'd had to put himself out pretty sharpish, lest he fall foul of the sign...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563

Some people really don't have any grip on reality, and a post such as this really goes to show how small minded they can be.

It's obvious you stupid boy. They all take a drag as they enter the 20m exclusion zone and breath out again when they leave. :roll:

You just don't think things through do you?

:P

AND if you hide your fag in the palm of your hand as you go through the zone, it completely masks the smell and makes the smoke invisible.

5 years of boarding school taught me everything I need to know.