How do I enter a race?

sunburntknees
sunburntknees Posts: 272
edited April 2010 in Amateur race
Ok, so I've found a circuit race on the BC website I want to enter. What do I do? Do I just send a cheque to the organiser with a note or is there some form I fill in?

I did email the organiser and ask him this, but I'm yet to get a reply. Obviously the 1000th numpty question he's had this week!

Comments

• Ok, so I've found a circuit race on the BC website I want to enter. What do I do? Do I just send a cheque to the organiser with a note or is there some form I fill in?

I did email the organiser and ask him this, but I'm yet to get a reply. Obviously the 1000th numpty question he's had this week!

There is a standard entry form that you can download off the BC website.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I asked the same question recently.

Standard entry form is here

Do you have BC membership and a race licence?
    More problems but still living....
  • amaferanga wrote:

Yes, I have a race licence.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    amaferanga wrote:

Yes, I have a race licence.

In that case, fill out the form and send it with your money to the race organiser. Or in some cases just show up on the day and enter on the line. Best to enter in advance of you can though.
  • Thanks chaps.

Do I have to declare my club on the form?

I joined a club a while but have not really had much to do with them since. I'd therefore be reluctant to say I'm racing for a club.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Thanks chaps.

Do I have to declare my club on the form?

I joined a club a while but have not really had much to do with them since. I'd therefore be reluctant to say I'm racing for a club.

In my very limited experience and from talking to folk far more experienced than me it'd probably be best to declare your club since apparently for some over-subscribed races preference is given to club members.
    More problems but still living....
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    You're not really saying you're racing FOR the club. Just that you are a member of it. Doesn't hurt to put it down.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    I think if you are a member of a club you have to say which one. I've been in races with club members I've never seen, if you are a member it doesn't matter how often you ride with them.