Cube Fritzz with Fox 40 RC2s?

Ruari1967
Ruari1967 Posts: 2
edited April 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

I ride a Cube Fritzz and have recently found myself doing more and more downhill as opposed to XC riding. I am looking to get a set of Fox 40 RC2s forks, but I am not sure whether these would 'fit' my bike. If anyone could let me know what I should look for or whether the forks would be a good fit, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ruari

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Check with cube whether it is warrantied for a 200mm dual crown fork.

My guess is no.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    not a hope in hell.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    Why not Nick?

The only people who know for sure are at Cube, ask them.

My last bike was rated for 100mm, but after having a chat with the factory they said I could fit upto a 135mm, so I did and it was a mega win!
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • Tom Barton
    Tom Barton Posts: 516
    You could do it, I don't know for certain what Cube would say in regards to the warrenty - probably a no. It doesnt sound like a big difference in terms of travel but 160 and 200 is alot on a mountain bike.

Besides, it would probably kill the bikes feel. The frame is designed around a 160 fork and the more you tilt the frame back the further away from 'optimal' the bikes rear travel will perform. If you can afford a pair of Fox 40's - buy a proper downhill bike - it will be a better experiance.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    cavegiant

Ok the bike come with a travel adjustable fork from 100mm to 160mm so the optimum length with be somewhere in the middle.

and it is not like the rear is adjustable to compensate.

it aint a DH FR bike

also the given head angle is slack enough.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown