Carrera Subway 2 - £150?

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
Is that cheap?

There's an 18" in very good condition with lights and mudguards for sale on my work notice board. I don't need another bike (never thought I'd say that) but just wondered...is that about the right price? I see it mentioned on here frequently.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If in very good condition maybe worth a punt. Not worth it if needs parts replacing imminently.
  • tomb353
    tomb353 Posts: 196
    £280 new right now, so not a great deal unless its never been ridden
    vendor of bicycle baskets & other stuff www.tynebicycle.co.uk
    www.tynebicycle.co.uk/blog
    Kinesis Tripster
    Gazelle NY Cab
    Surly Steamroller
    Cannondale F100
  • fastbatard
    fastbatard Posts: 137
    edited May 2010
    I would check the age and condition of the bike and if you like what you see maybe try to knock the price down a bit.

I would definitely recommend the Subway, it's a great commuter bike and the 2 gets better gears and disc brakes too!
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    I have a subway 1 for 2 years, now relegated to winter /back up bike but still going strong.

Worth a look and an offer i guess defendant on condition and whether it has been used much in the winter.
    take a look and walk away if it looks dodgy.
    FCN 3/5/9
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Thanks, so it's about the right price depending on condition. As I said, I'm not for buying it, I was just being nosey and seeing if the price was about right!
  • sharm1969ca
    sharm1969ca Posts: 136
    Ive just sold mine for £150. it was 3 years old and in great condition so if its been kept well then worth a punt!