RPCC ride - Saturday 1 May

Wondering if anyone fancies another RPCC ride this weekend?

Plan would be similar to last weekend: a 60 mile or so loop into the Surrey Hills leaving Richmond Park at 8 a.m.

Usual rules would apply:
    Anyone is welcome to attend Will average somewhere between 16-18 mph No one gets dropped and we'll regroup at the top of hills Tea and cake stop - probably at the top of Box Hill

Post-up here if you fancy coming along and we'll meet at Richmond Gate on Saturday

Comments

• Yep - I'm in.
  • bcss
    bcss Posts: 174
    most likely I am in as well, though I ll be a bit slow on the hills as my knees are still not in the best shape, if you guys don't mind (been out there last weekend and went fine otherwise)
  • bcss - no problem, we tend to regroup at the top of the hills and ride as a bunch in between - just means we'll get to the cake at Box Hill first!
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    No can do on the Saturda but would love to get out Monday if the weather holds.

Does anyone fancy a Monday ride on top of Saturday. Might as well make the most of a long weekend :)
  • bcss
    good to see you back as well David....I d be in for Monday as well (depending a bit how sat goes)...hopefully the weather turns out better than the forecast, 3 days of rain straight, scary :shock:
  • london-red
    Yeah, it's been a crazy few weeks with a fair amount of travelling and family stuff going on - I've been limited to commuting and the odd run into RP.

Desperate to log a Box Hill time after everything I own that's electronic stopes working the last tine we were there...

Are you getting the miles in?
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    See y'all at 8 tomorrow usual spot.
  • bcss
    London-Red wrote:
    Are you getting the miles in?

About 2 weeks after we went out I hurt my knees and been ever since trying to get back on track...still not there but hopefully not that far anymore
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    I'd love to, but it's a real pain to get there from Crouch End for that time in the morning. :( damn the lack of overground.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • See you all early tomorrow. Looks like rain might hit early afternoon so bring wet weather kit and guess we'll move as quickly as we can
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    Thanks for the ride everyone, good fun and hopefully that's our bad luck out of the way for the year.

Roland - if you ever want to cycle up to Oxford this a route I've done before: http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=91011

Lowel - if you can get to this, this is the route we did: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/31815240
  • bcss
    good ride indeed! Yeah let's hope that's it for the season

tnx for the route, very helpful!

So what's up with tomorrow? All in for 8am at the Gate?
  • thebongolian
    Planning to meet Lowel and his mates at the cafe near Roehampton Gate at 8:30 am - good if you can make it too
  • london-red
    Hey, what's the plan for tomorrow? Are you heading out into Surrey or doing laps?

Cheers
  • thebongolian
    Heading out into Surrey - probably something very similar to the ride we did on Saturday (link to Garmin route above)
  • london-red
    Cool - sounds great. Alright if I tag along - or is it more of a private ride rather than a RPCC? Roland, you in?

What was the bad luck, btw? Was the p*ncture fairy out and about?
  • thebongolian
    Think it's a case of the more the merrier - looks to be a mix of RPCC-ers and some mates of Lowel who joined us on Saturday

And the bad luck? Bern got a puncture about 500m from the start and I crashed (slowly) and got clipped by a wing mirror. As I say hopefully that's it for the season
  • london-red
    Cool - see you 8.30 then!

Sorry to hear about the fall and clip. Worrying stuff..
  • bcss
    david - i am in as well, txt'ed you earlier but seems have the wrong number

will - tnx for the update
  • london-red
    Good ride today chaps - and great to see a few new faces as well. Pretty windy on the way back which made it all quite hard work, but good training.

I recorded 53.13 miles at an average of 17.1mph... Not bad going, and bagged a PB of 7:20 up Box as well :)

Nice one!
  • thebongolian
    Yeah definitely a good ride and well done on the PB - was glad to make it up in under 10 minutes the way my legs felt!
  • thebongolian
    And for your enjoyment a little video from yesterday's ride:

http://vimeo.com/11444128
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    And for your enjoyment a little video from yesterday's ride:

http://vimeo.com/11444128

Superb video Bongolian, captures the appeal of the Surrey Hills.

Was it not a tad chilly?
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • london-red
    Excellent video Will - captures the ride pretty well.

As for the weather, yep, it was a tad chilly when the sun went in. Arm warmers and gilets were out in force!
  • Esoteric80
    Esoteric80 Posts: 84
    Nice video Will.

Will & Dave I forgot to give you back you change at the cafe so owe you some money (don't let me forget!)

Thanks to Lowell for the lend of the gilet.

Until next weekend...
  • bcss
    very nice video and underlying music, makes you feel out there instead of beeing in the middle of the concrete jungle
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    Excellent video Will - good to see you at the front down the hill into Dorking. You'll have competition for that if you're out on Saturday.
  • thebongolian
    Glad people liked the video

New thread up for this weekend: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=16145978