Evans Customer Service (Not what you might think!)

br00kmeister
br00kmeister Posts: 18
edited April 2010 in Road buying advice
8 months ago I bought a Scott Speedster S20 from Evans in Nottingham , it was an impulse buy, not like me but hey the money was burning a hole in my pocket and the bike was on offer.

Well all was well with the purchase until last week, when I noticed a 1 inch crack on the bottom of the head tube. Of course having read some reviews of Evans service I was apprehensive about taking it back.

However, Evans were really good and immediately said that I needed a new frame and that they would contact Scott. After a couple of calls it was agreed that the frame would be replaced and it should be with me soon. Within 5 working days I had received a new frame that was built up for me (including new cables at no cost to me) and ready to go.
The frame is apparenlty an S10 Ltd, which looks great.

Just thought I would mention that the service can be great from Evans. Thanks guys.

Comments

• turnerc99
    turnerc99 Posts: 61
    Isn't there some research somewhere that says you tell 5 times more people about bad service than good? You expect good service, so it's less noteworthy when you receive it.

Glad you got your new frame - and glad to hear that Evans helped you out...nice to hear.
  • Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    Great to hear that mate, Evans were really good not charging you to move the components over to the new frame, as most manufacturers state within the Warranty section of their user manual that they will replace the frame if it fails due to defects in materials or workmanship, however the customer will be responsible for the labour cost to shift the components over to the new frame.

Good to hear Evans are looking after their customers.