Would this be better spec than a Boardman Pro HT

andyf34
andyf34 Posts: 11
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
Still looking for a new bike and this one caught my eye, bit more than I had planned on spending but wondering if the spec is as good or better than a Boardman Pro. I can't find any info on the bike apart from on the site selling it.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=41725

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    The rear mech is 'worse', X9 not X0, but still very good, in reality you wouldn't notice any difference until you put them on the scales and saw the x9 was carrying a few extra grams.

The Rebas on the Boardman (I've got one) are excellent, probably more tuneable than the Foxes on the Genius. Many people would prefer Fox if it was a straight choice, but often the extra cost isn't justified.

I'd rather have the Ritchey finishing kit on the Boardman, but I'm sure the Genuis' Titec stuff is fine/

Those are the only real differences, and they don't amount to much.

I'd say they're a pretty much perfect match tbh. You just need to think about the ability to try before you buy and the backup you'll get from an online retailer. May be better or worse than your local Halfords depending on luck.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • andyf34
    Thanks for that, kind of between this and a Diamondback Axis for £700.
  • andyf34
    Well, I've tried e-mailing CRC and phoning several (actually about 30) times yesterday and today, best I've managed is 4th in line after 30mins and had to give up so I think that rules out the Genius. If I had any issues with the bike I'm not sure the customer service would be up to much if I can't even get through to them. I think I might just save myself £200 and get the DB Axis instead.
  • andyf34
    OK, DB Axis all sold out so back to the Genius, is this the best spec bike I can get for £900 or is there something better out there. Planning on buying tonight as i'm getting fatter by the day.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It has a very good spec for the money. I doubt you would find better.
  • baba123
    baba123 Posts: 235
    the genius has proberley the best spec for sub £900 i've ever seen (in a year of being intrested in bikes) you do get a better fork than the reba but i would imagine the boardman is lighter
    mongoose amasa elite 08
    giant anthem x4 10